Sonia writes to Uttarakhand chief ministerAugust 7th, 2012 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 7 (IANS) Congress president Sonia Gandhi Tuesday wrote to Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna seeking information on the situation in the state following flash floods and assured all help from the central government.
Gandhi expressed concern over the effected families, and said she would talk to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for providing relief package.
“It is a human tragedy. I am worried about the families who have lost their close ones, have been injured and their homes have been damaged,” Gandhi said.
“I hope the state government is working speedily to deal provide relief and deal with this problem. I have talked to the prime minister about this and we will try to provide central assistance as soon as possible,” she said.
She also asked the chief minister to keep her updated about the progress on the relief work.
- PM, Sonia assure Uttarakhand all help (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Bahuguna downplays Rawat's dissent (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Bahuguna surveys damage in Uttarakhand, offers more relief - Aug 16, 2012
- Deploy choppers to rescue people in Uttarakhand: PM - Aug 07, 2012
- Vijay Bahuguna named new Uttarakhand chief minister (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Vijay Bahuguna named Uttarakhand chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Upset over not being made CM, Rawat writes to Sonia - Mar 13, 2012
- Congress core committee meets to discuss Mamata's demands, Uttarakhand crisis - Mar 17, 2012
- Rebellion peters out in Uttarakhand Congress - Mar 20, 2012
- Sonia asks PM for 'liberal' package for flood-hit states - Sep 21, 2010
- PM announces Rs.500 crore for flood-hit Assam (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- PM recognises Assam soil erosion as natural disaster - Jul 03, 2012
- Bahuguna moves into official bungalow - Mar 31, 2012
- Harish Rawat in Uttarakhand Congress election panel - Sep 19, 2011
- Vijay Bahuguna: A simple soul, easily accessible (Profile) - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: central assistance, central government, chief minister, congress president sonia gandhi, deal with this problem, flash floods, human tragedy, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, state government