Sonia should respond in missing nurse case: BJPNovember 11th, 2011 - 2:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 11 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Friday demanded that Congress chief Sonia Gandhi respond in the case of missing nurse Bhanwari Devi involving her party legislator and sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna.
“I would like to request Sonia Gandhi to respond… here is a government having the majority of her own party and the way things are getting exposed day by day shows the entire government is murky,” BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters here.
Prasad said the stigma in the case is bringing to the tourist state of Rajasthan is very serious.
A Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Thursday quizzed Maderna in Jodhpur in the case. The questioning is expected to continue Friday.
The CBI Friday filed its status reports in the Rajasthan High Court in the case. The Jodhpur bench of the high court posted the matter for next hearing Nov 14.
The CBI summoned Maderna for interrogation over his alleged role in Bhanwari’s kidnapping.
Bhanwari Devi had gone missing from Jodhpur’s Bilara area Sep 1. On Oct 16, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot sacked Maderna from the cabinet over allegations that he had a role in her disappearance as she was blackmailing him on the basis of a CD that allegedly showed the minister and her in a compromising position.
- Missing nurse case: Rajasthan ex-minister quizzed - Nov 10, 2011
- CBI questions sacked Rajasthan minister over missing nurse - Nov 25, 2011
- CBI brings Maderna to Delhi for questioning - Dec 04, 2011
- Maderna sent to CBI custody till Dec 9 - Dec 03, 2011
- Probe Ashok Gehlot in missing nurse case: BJP - Nov 08, 2011
- CBI arrests Rajasthan ex-minister over missing nurse - Dec 02, 2011
- CBI seeks access to audio clips of missing nurse - Dec 01, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Maderna being questioned by CBI - Dec 05, 2011
- Forensic team returns after searching for missing nurse's remains - Nov 27, 2011
- Gehlot meets Maderna in hospital - Nov 15, 2011
- 'Missing nurse's body might be in lime kiln' - Nov 26, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI questions suspect's kin - Nov 28, 2011
- Missing nurse had affairs with other ministers too? - Nov 06, 2011
- Key suspect in missing nurse case surrenders, arrested (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- CBI questions sacked Rajasthan minister's wife - Nov 12, 2011
Tags: ashok, bhanwari devi, bharatiya janata party, bilara, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, congress chief, disappearance, interrogation, jodhpur, legislator, maderna, prasad, quizzed, rajasthan high court, ravi shankar, sonia gandhi, state of rajasthan, stigma