Sonia reviews developmental schemes in constituencyMay 12th, 2011 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
Rae Bareli (Uttar Pradesh), May 12 (IANS) Congress president Sonia Gandhi here Thursday directed government officials and public representatives to ensure proper implementation of central government-sponsored development schemes in her parliamentary constituency, officials said.
Presiding over the district vigilance and monitoring committee meeting at the collectorate, Gandhi’s emphasis remained on the central government’s rural employment guarantee scheme, housing schemes and other schemes relating to construction of roads.
“She (Gandhi) directed us to ensure that 100 days of employment under MGNREGA should be provided to maximum families,” District Magistrate Amrita Soni told reporters here.
Before the meeting, Gandhi met over 600 local residents at a guest house to know about their varied problems.
“Locals approached Sonia Gandhi mainly with problems related to employment, education and health service facilities,” said a Congress functionary.
“She also met a group of workers of Indian Telephone Industries (ITI), who asked her to merge ITI with another company for their benefit,” he added.
Before leaving for Delhi, Gandhi, who arrived here Wednesday, visited Bankagarh village, where six labourers had died after inhaling poisonous gas in a well.
“She assured every possible help to the family members of the deceased,” the Congress leader added.
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli - Nov 27, 2010
- Sonia in Rae Bareli, raps officials on development work - Mar 31, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli today - Nov 29, 2010
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, slam Mayawati (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi meets officials in Rae Bareli (Lead) - Mar 31, 2010
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Rahul attacks Mayawati government over health funds (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
- Sonia calls upon women to strengthen panchayats (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi hears public grievances in Rae Bareli - Feb 05, 2011
- Priyanka returns to campaign in Amethi (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi hears public complaints in Rae Bareli - May 19, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi monitors execution of central welfare schemes in Rae Bareli - Nov 29, 2010
- Sonia dissatisfied with development schemes in Rae Bareli - Dec 12, 2009
- Bill to provide legal teeth to grievance redressal (Lead) - Aug 22, 2011
Tags: central government, committee meeting, congress leader, congress president sonia gandhi, district magistrate, employment education, government officials, guarantee scheme, guest house, health service, housing schemes, iti, monitoring committee, parliamentary constituency, poisonous gas, proper implementation, public representatives, rae bareli, uttar pradesh, vigilance