Sonia, Rahul to campaign in JammuMarch 29th, 2009 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, March 29 (IANS) Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and party general secretary Rahul Gandhi will visit Jammu and Kashmir to campaign for Congress candidates in the Lok Sabha polls.
Congress party sources told IANS that both will campaign in Jammu and Udhampur parliamentary constituencies of the Jammu region. The party could win only 13 assembly seats in the November-December 2008 state poll, two down from the number won in the 2002 poll.
Both Rahul and Sonia Gandhi had campaigned for the party during the state poll, with the Congress chief visiting the state twice and Rahul once.
The dates for their visits now are yet to be decided.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh has already campaigned in Jammu, and the party also plans to bring TV star Smriti Irani.
The regional Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which is contesting all the state’s six seats, has already started its campaign. Party patron and former chief minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed has kicked off the party campaign in the Jammu region and promised equitable empowerment of the state’s three regions.
- Committed to equal growth in all Kashmir regions: PDP - Nov 30, 2011
- Mufti calls for regime change in Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 12, 2012
- Mufti Sayeed seeks civic polls in Kashmir - Dec 04, 2011
- Mufti lashes out at Omar government on development - Jul 03, 2011
- 'Hydel agreements in Kashmir need renegotiation' - May 23, 2012
- Omar has reduced AFSPA issue to gimmickry: Mufti - Nov 28, 2011
- Pranab visits Kashmir on poll campaign - Jul 15, 2012
- Mufti's call for government change in J&K; - May 26, 2012
- Fast-track LOC trade, travel: Mufti Sayeed - Apr 06, 2012
- PDP is party of Jammu too: Mufti - May 27, 2012
- Poll campaign picks up in Jammu - Apr 11, 2009
- Omar spent three years saving chair: Mehbooba - Oct 17, 2011
- MCD campaign: BJP banks on stars, Congress on ministers - Apr 07, 2012
- Mehbooba Mufti set to be re-elected PDP chief - Oct 25, 2011
- Parties plan campaign spin to suit election pitches - Apr 01, 2011
Tags: assembly seats, campaign party, chief minister, congress candidates, congress chief, congress party, general secretary, jammu region, lok sabha polls, parliamentary constituencies, party campaign, pdp, rahul gandhi, rajnath singh, regional peoples, sayeed, smriti irani, sonia gandhi, state poll, tv star