Sonia, Rahul to campaign for last round of Bihar pollsNovember 15th, 2010 - 2:37 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Nov 15 (IANS) Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son, party general secretary Rahul Gandhi, will campaign in Bihar this week for the last round of the six phase assembly polls, party leaders said Monday.
Sonia Gandhi will campaign Wednesday ahead of the last phase Nov 20 for 26 seats. She will address rallies in Buxar and Bhabua constituencies.
Rahul Gandhi will campaign Thursday. He is slated to address two or three rallies in the constituencies going to the polls.
Congress state spokesperson Prem Chand Mishra told IANS that the venues for Rahul Gandhi’s public meetings were yet to be decided. He has campaigned in all the five phases of the polls held so far.
Sonia Gandhi had addressed rallies Oct 19 and Oct 28.
Congress leaders said there was no plan for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to visit the state for campaigning. Manmohan Singh had campaigned ahead of the first phase of polls Oct 21.
The Congress is contesting all the 243 seats in the state and making efforts to regain lost ground. It is hopeful of making a dent in the support base of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad.
- Sonia, Rahul to campaign for Bihar polls again - Oct 23, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi to campaign again in Bihar - Oct 19, 2010
- Campaign picks up for Bihar polls - Oct 16, 2010
- After Rahul, PM and Sonia to campaign in Bihar - Oct 15, 2010
- Campaigning ends for fourth phase of Bihar polls - Oct 30, 2010
- Bihar polls: Test of governance, rule of law in phase three - Oct 27, 2010
- Campaign ends for first phase of Bihar polls - Oct 19, 2010
- Amid threats of Maoist violence, Bihar polls enter last lap (Curtainraiser - Phase 6) - Nov 19, 2010
- Poll panel should organise debates between leaders: Advani - Oct 29, 2010
- Campaigning for final phase of Bihar assembly elections ends today - Nov 18, 2010
- Congress likely to make top level party changes in Bihar - Nov 25, 2010
- Nitish battles for supremacy in Round one (Bihar Curtainraiser - Phase 1) - Oct 19, 2010
- Manmohan Singh to campaign in Bihar today - Oct 16, 2010
- Bihar poll-second phase: Caste arithmetic to play decisive role (Curtain Raiser) - Oct 23, 2010
- Farm tenants' rights, caste issues on test in Bihar poll (Curtain Raiser, 4th round) - Oct 31, 2010
Tags: assembly polls, bihar polls, chief minister, congress leaders, congress president sonia gandhi, constituencies, general secretary, janata, lalu prasad, manmohan, manmohan singh, mishra, party leaders, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, public meetings, rahul gandhi, rallies, spokesperson