Sonia, Rahul dividing India, says RSS leaderNovember 8th, 2010 - 6:54 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Nov 8 (IANS) The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh’s (RSS) agitation across the country Nov 10 is in protest against the policies of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul Gandhi which are “dividing the country”, the RSS Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh unit chief said Monday.
“We have decided to come on to the roads nationwide as the country is going to be divided due to Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul Gandhi,” said Shrikrishan Maheshwari, who is also a member of the RSS national working committee.
“The (central) government has failed to check terrorism in country. They are abusing the Sangh and targetting us. And if we do not come on to the roads, then the country is going to get divided and the next generation will question us,” he told reporters here.
A statement at a meeting last week of the All India Congress Committee (AICC), chaired by Sonia Gandhi, had accused the RSS of “involvement in terrorist activities”, while Rahul Gandhi had termed the RSS as “fanatical” as the banned Students’ Islamic Movement of India (SIMI).
The RSS will Wednesday stage rallies in defence of one of its leaders involved in the Ajmer blast case and against what it termed as the Congress-led central government’s anti-RSS and anti-Hindu religion politics.
The RSS leaders denied having any link with the people named in the Ajmer blast charge-sheet, most of whom hail from Madhya Pradesh.
“We have only remained involved in the social works and bonding the Hindus together. We have no link with terrorist activities. We never endorse violence,” Maheshwari said.
- BJP leader Gadkari defends Ajmer blast accused Indresh Kumar - Oct 25, 2010
- RSS to stage nationwide protest rallies Wednesday - Nov 07, 2010
- RSS, SIMI both have destructive ideology: Congress - Oct 23, 2010
- RSS activists protest against Centre's terror outfits' remarks - Nov 10, 2010
- Congress launches frontal attack on 'insidious' RSS, BJP (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- Congress plenary to seek probe into right-wing forces' terror links (Second Lead) - Dec 18, 2010
- RSS needs to be exposed: Pranab Mukherjee at AICC - Nov 02, 2010
- Rajasthan ATS files 806-page chargesheet in 2007 Ajmer blast case - Oct 23, 2010
- RSS activities should be monitored, says Congress - Oct 27, 2010
- Sonia pursuing anti-RSS policies, says Goa unit chief - Nov 08, 2010
- Bajrang Dal slams Rahul for equating RSS with SIMI - Oct 06, 2010
- Rahul's remarks leave BJP, RSS fuming (Roundup) - Oct 06, 2010
- Activists being implicated in terror cases, claims RSS - Nov 10, 2010
- Sonia slams RSS over terrorism, expresses concern at Kashmir deaths at AICC session (Round Up) - Nov 02, 2010
- RSS holds nationwide protests against Hindu terror tag - Nov 10, 2010
Tags: agitation, central government, congress chief, congress president sonia gandhi, hindu religion, hindus, india congress committee, islamic movement, maheshwari, national working committee, next generation, protest, rahul gandhi, rallies, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, terrorism, terrorist activities, unit chief, violence