Sonia puts onus of larger role on RahulJuly 18th, 2012 - 3:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 18 (IANS) Rahul Gandhi has to decide for himself if he wants to play a larger role in the Congress and the government, party president and his mother Sonia Gandhi said Wednesday.
Her remarks follow demands that Rahul Gandhi should take up greater responsibilities in both the Congress and the United Progressive Alliance (UAP) government.
“No one can take a decision on his behalf. He has to take a decision,” Sonia Gandhi told reporters in parliament house.
She spoke after Vice President Hamid Ansari filed his nomination papers for a second five-year term.
Congress leaders Salman Khurshid and Digvijay Singh have in recent days called upon Rahul Gandhi to lead the party and the government.
- Sonia says only Rahul to decide on his larger role (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Clamour grows for larger role in Congress for Rahul (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- I'll welcome Rahul's entry into government, says PM (Third Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- I'll welcome Rahul's entry into government: PM (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Rahul ready for bigger role, to be No 2 in party (Night Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Rahul gets 'proactive', will be Congress no. 2 (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Hope Rahul takes greater role in government: PM (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Rahul ready for 'pro-active' role, to be No 2 in party (Evening Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- I'll welcome Rahul Gandhi to UPA government: Manmohan Singh (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Time for Rahul to assume bigger role, says Digvijay - Jul 16, 2012
- Rahul says he's ready for 'more proactive role' (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Khurshid on 'cameo', party and Rahul Gandhi - Jul 14, 2012
- Rahul will play more pro-active role in Congress: Digvijay - Jul 15, 2012
- Party or government for Rahul? Both, say Congress members - Aug 03, 2012
- UPA renominates Ansari for vice president; Trinamool does not concur (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
Tags: congress leaders, digvijay singh, government party, hamid ansari, khurshid, mother sonia gandhi, New Delhi, nomination papers, onus, parliament, parliament house, party president, progressive alliance, rahul gandhi, uap, vice president