Sonia launches livelihood mission for rural poorJune 3rd, 2011 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
Banswara (Rajasthan), June 3 (IANS) United Progressive Alliance chairperson Sonia Gandhi Friday launched the National Rural Livelihood Mission, a flagship programme of the government that will reach out to below poverty line (BPL) households through self-help groups (SHGs).
Unveiling it in this predominantly tribal district of Rajasthan, Gandhi said social audit was a must for success of rural development schemes. She said the NRLM will go a long way in empowering women.
NRLM will reach all blocks of the country by the end of the 12th plan. It aims to involve at least one member, preferably women, of an estimated seven crore rural BPL families in SHGs and enhance their livelihood skills.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and Rural Development Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh were among the leaders present at the function.
- Sonia launches National Rural Livelihood Mission (Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- National livelihood mission to rural raise workers's skills - Jun 03, 2011
- Sonia to launch rural livelihood mission - Jun 01, 2011
- Showcasing a 'pro-poor' agenda in tribal heartland - Jun 07, 2011
- Government keen to reduce loan rate for self help groups: Ramesh - Jul 19, 2011
- Sonia to lay foundation stone of Dungarpur-Ratlam rail line - Jun 03, 2011
- Nabard's Rs.15 bn fund to help women's self-help groups - Apr 14, 2012
- Self-help groups to get loans at lower rates: Jairam Ramesh - Jun 21, 2011
- Government, World Bank to sign pact on rural jobs - Jul 15, 2011
- Livelihood mission to strengthen self-help groups: Joshi - Jun 25, 2010
- Self-employment scheme to become livelihood mission - Jun 25, 2010
- Rajasthan's targets 400,000 new jobs this year - Aug 13, 2012
- Fine-tuning of poor headcount required: Minister - May 21, 2011
- Some self-help - and tribal women mean business - Mar 25, 2011
- Empowering lives, transforming villages - the self-help way (March 8 is International Women's Day) - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: ashok, banswara, chairperson, chief minister, crore, development minister, empowering women, households, june 3, livelihood, poverty line, progressive alliance, rural development, self help groups, social audit, sonia gandhi, vilasrao deshmukh