Sonia goes abroad for check upSeptember 1st, 2012 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 1 (IANS) Congress president Sonia Gandhi has gone abroad for a routine health check up, a party leader said here Saturday.
Gandhi is likely to return in four or five days, party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi told IANS, but gave no other details.
The Congress chief was in the US last year for six weeks from August for treatment of an undisclosed ailment.
She had then constituted a group comprising Defence Minister A.K. Antony, her son and party general secretary Rahul Gandhi, her political secretary Ahmed Patel and Dwivedi to look after party affairs in her absence.
Later, in February this year, Sonia Gandhi had gone abroad for medical checkup.
- Sonia goes abroad for 'routine checkup' - Feb 28, 2012
- Sonia goes abroad for 'routine check-up', to return in 4-5 days (Second Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Sonia back in Delhi after surgery - Sep 08, 2011
- Any news on Sonia Gandhi will be shared: Congress - Sep 06, 2011
- Sonia recovering after surgery, makes some party appointments - Aug 06, 2011
- Sonia goes abroad for 'routine check-up', to return in 4-5 days (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Congress core group discusses CAG report - Aug 06, 2011
- Modi wishes Sonia Gandhi speedy recovery - Aug 04, 2011
- Congress defends Dikshit on CAG report (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Supporters pray for Sonia, rivals say they miss her - Sep 06, 2011
- Sonia in US for treatment, Rahul Congress in charge - Aug 05, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi likely to return from US by month-end - Aug 23, 2011
- Missing you Sonia, says Anna-hit Congress - Aug 22, 2011
- Congress defends Dikshit as BJP demands she resign (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Clamour grows for larger role in Congress for Rahul (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: absence, ailment, antony, congress chief, congress president sonia gandhi, defence minister, general secretary, health check, medical checkup, New Delhi, party affairs, party leader, political secretary, rahul gandhi, routine health, six weeks