Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae BareliMay 10th, 2011 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 10 (IANS) Congress president Sonia Gandhi will undertake a two-day tour of her parliamentary constituency Rae Bareli from Wednesday to review developmental projects, a party official said here Tuesday.
“To know the ground realities of the developmental schemes being funded by the central government, Sonia Gandhi is expected to carry out surprise inspections during which she could interact with the public,” Akhilesh Pratap Singh, Congress spokesperson in Uttar Pradesh, told reporters.
“On the first day of her tour, she will also visit the Rae Bareli Rail Coach Factory (RCF) in Lalganj,” he added.
According to party officials, before leaving her constituency May 12, Gandhi will preside over a meeting of the central vigilance and monitoring committee. “During the meeting, that would be attended by senior government officials and public representatives, she would enquire about the execution of developmental schemes in her constituency.”
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli - Nov 27, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi begins two-day Rae Bareli visit - Feb 04, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli Monday - May 15, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli for two days - Feb 02, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli today - Nov 29, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi monitors execution of central welfare schemes in Rae Bareli - Nov 29, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi in Rae Bareli on two-day trip - Dec 11, 2009
- UPA aims at women's self-reliance: Sonia - May 11, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli Wednesday - Mar 30, 2010
- Sonia in Rae Bareli, raps officials on development work - Mar 31, 2010
- Sonia prods people to ask Mayawati about funds utilisation - May 17, 2010
- Sonia in Rae Bareli on two-day visit (Lead, Changing dateline) - Dec 11, 2009
- Sonia Gandhi meets officials in Rae Bareli (Lead) - Mar 31, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi arrives in Rae Bareli - Mar 31, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi hears public grievances in Rae Bareli - Feb 05, 2011
Tags: central government, coach factory, congress president sonia gandhi, developmental projects, execution, government officials, ground realities, lucknow, monitoring committee, parliamentary constituency, party officials, pratap singh, public representatives, rae bareli, rcf, spokesperson, surprise inspections, vigilance