Sonia Gandhi to visit Jammu SaturdayApril 11th, 2008 - 12:32 pm ICT by admin
Jammu, April 11 (IANS) Congress president Sonia Gandhi will be here Saturday to address women workers of the party, a few months before the scheduled elections to the Jammu and Kashmir assembly. “It would be the beginning of the poll campaign,” Pratibha Thakur, president of the All-India Mahila Congress, told reporters as she oversaw the arrangements for the rally to be addressed by Gandhi.
The Congress chief was in the Kashmir valley March 29, when she went around the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden in Srinagar and recalled her earlier trips with her husband, former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi.
In December 1986, Rajiv Gandhi had driven his family from Jammu to Srinagar and then on to Gulmarg.
According to Thakur, Gandhi will spell out the Congress’ programmes during the rally here and how the party had “transformed the political and economic landscape of the country”.
Her focus would be on women and their empowerment, Thakur added.
- Development answer to left-wing extremism: Sonia Gandhi (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Development is answer to Left extremism, says Sonia - Dec 16, 2011
- Development is answer to left-wing extremism: Sonia (Second Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Congress women's wing gets new chief - Jun 07, 2011
- Development is answer to left-wing extremism: Sonia (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Amid Srinagar's tulips, Omar confident of peaceful summer (With Images) - Mar 29, 2012
- Rahul becomes part of Congress trinity at Buniyaad (Youth Congress convention sidelights) - Nov 28, 2011
- Sonia shies away from tribal dance rerun - Dec 17, 2011
- Priyanka stands out in Kashmir Congress posters - Feb 19, 2012
- Bad weather keeps Sonia away from Moga rally - Jan 19, 2012
- Intra-Kashmir women meet from Sep 27 - Sep 24, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi calls off Srinagar visit - May 27, 2010
- Kashmir Youth Congress marches for more panchayat powers - Aug 24, 2012
- Mahila Congress seeks 33 percent job quota for women - Mar 23, 2010
- When Sonia shook a leg with tribal dancers - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: congress chief, congress president sonia gandhi, economic landscape, elections, former prime minister, gandhi memorial, India, indira gandhi, kashmir, kashmir valley, mahila, poll campaign, rajiv gandhi, rally, srinagar, tulip garden, women workers