Sonia Gandhi to give away free plots to underprivileged in HaryanaSeptember 28th, 2008 - 1:43 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Sep 28 (IANS) United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi will give away free residential plots to Scheduled Caste and Below Poverty Line (BPL) families under the ambitious ‘Mahatma Gandhi Grameen Basti Yojana’ (rural township scheme) in Haryana’s industrial city of Panipat on Oct 2.Under the scheme, being introduced by the Bhupinder Singh Hooda-led Haryana government, residential plots of 100 sq yds each will be given to the people.
This is the first such scheme in the country.
The chief minister said Sunday that basic amenities would first be provided at the colonies and then the plots would be allotted so that people get facilities like electricity, water and parks.
The cost of developing each plot would be Rs.25,000, he added.
Hooda had announced at a rally in October last year that such a scheme would be introduced to enable the categories of people to have a shelter of their own.
Hooda said: “Out of about 7,000 villages in the state, land has been made available for plots in 5,000 villages. The state government will soon acquire land in the remaining villages.”
- Haryana approves land pooling scheme for farmers - Jul 20, 2012
- Haryana to float 13,000 residential plots in 2010-11 - Apr 22, 2010
- Sonia launches Rs.23 bn housing project - Oct 02, 2008
- In spotlight: Haryana's land acquisition policy - Aug 30, 2010
- Haryana betters its own land acquisition policy - Nov 03, 2010
- Villagers left out of rural power scheme: Greenpeace - May 10, 2011
- Hooda government on backfoot over land allotment - Aug 28, 2011
- International cargo airport coming up near Delhi - Jan 17, 2011
- Haryana to set up Japanese township near Rohtak - Nov 09, 2010
- Haryana increases licence fee on property - Jun 01, 2012
- Chautala attacks Congress for acquiring fertile land for projects - Sep 02, 2010
- Meghalaya to introduce health insurance scheme - Aug 02, 2011
- New route to connect Delhi-Ambala, Delhi-Jaipur highways - Apr 12, 2011
- Rural development to get 12 percent more - Feb 28, 2011
- Haryana farmers oppose land acquisition for nuke plant - Sep 09, 2011