Sonia Gandhi, Priyanka visit ShimlaOctober 20th, 2009 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Oct 20 (IANS) Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her daughter Priyanka Vadra reached the Himachal Pradesh capital Tuesday to oversee the construction of Priyanka’s cottage near here, an official said.
Gandhi and her family landed at the Kalyani helipad near here and spent most of the time at Charabra where Priyanka’s cottage is being constructed, the official said.
This was the second visit of the Gandhi family within a span of three months.
Last time, Gandhi and her daughter spent a few days here in mid-June.
After inspecting the construction work for about three hours, the Gandhis left for Wildflower Hall, an Oberoi Group luxury resort close to Priyanka’s cottage.
The official added that the cottage would likely be completed by December-end and the Gandhis would stay here for a few days.
In typical hill architecture style with wooden frames and a sloping tiled roof, the cottage is being built at a height of more than 8,000 feet amid thick verdant forests of pine and cedar.
- Priyanka's Shimla cottage runs into rough weather - Sep 13, 2010
- Priyanka's summer cottage being dismantled again - Apr 22, 2011
- Bumpy road to Priyanka's cottage - Mar 22, 2012
- Priyanka's dream cottage to come up again - Aug 26, 2011
- President's daughter to holiday in Shimla - May 13, 2011
- In Himachal hills lies Priyanka Gandhi's dream cottage - Jun 21, 2009
- Himachal issues notice to Oberoi's Wildflower Hall - May 23, 2010
- Sri Lankan president tours Shimla - Jun 10, 2010
- Environment notice to Wildflower Hall stayed - May 29, 2010
- Priyanka Vadra's land deal figures in Himachal house - Aug 23, 2010
- Shimla's Wildflower Hall hotel to face special audit - Jun 29, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi, Priyanka holidaying in Shimla - Jun 15, 2009
- Sonia, Priyanka leave Shimla for Delhi - Jun 16, 2009
- Priyanka visits Shimla to see her house construction - Sep 04, 2008
- Wildflower Hall hotel's losses questioned - Nov 27, 2008
Tags: architecture, congress president sonia gandhi, construction work, few days, gandhis, helipad, himachal pradesh, last time, luxury resort, oberoi group, span, three months, verdant forests, wooden frames