Sonia expresses ‘deep sorrow’ on Arjun Singh’s deathMarch 4th, 2011 - 10:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 4 (IANS) Congress president Sonia Gandhi Friday expressed “deep sorrow” on the death of veteran party leader Arjun Singh here.
“I express deep sorrow on his death,” said Gandhi.
Singh, a former union minister, chief minister and governor, who made a strong bid to become prime minister in the mid-1990s, died of cardiac arrest in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here Friday evening. He was 80.
He is survived by two sons and a daughter.
- Veteran Congress Arjun Singh is dead (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- PM, Sonia pay tribute to Arjun Singh - Mar 05, 2011
- Veteran Congress leader Arjun Singh is dead (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Congress mourns Arjun Singh's death - Mar 04, 2011
- CWC condoles Arjun Singh's demise, describes him a symbol of secular values - Mar 05, 2011
- Arjun Singh's death a great loss to Indian politics: Janardan Dwivedi - Mar 05, 2011
- Arjun Singh's last rites to be held today - Mar 05, 2011
- President Patil condoles passing away of Congress leader Arjun Singh - Mar 04, 2011
- PM, Sonia visit Arjun Singh home (Lead) - Mar 05, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee condoles demise of Arjun Singh - Mar 04, 2011
- Beni Prasad Verma condoles passing away of Arjun Singh - Mar 04, 2011
- Congress leader Arjun Singh passes away - Mar 04, 2011
- Ex-PM Devegowda condoles Arjun Singh's demise - Mar 05, 2011
- Arjun Singh's last rites performed in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 06, 2011
- Himachal chief minister mourns Prabha Rau's death - Apr 26, 2010
Tags: all india institute of medical sciences, arjun singh, cardiac arrest, chief minister, congress president sonia gandhi, deep sorrow, friday evening, india institute, mid 1990s, New Delhi, party leader, prime minister, union minister