Sonia announces several schemes for Rae BareliJuly 27th, 2012 - 1:03 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 26 (IANS) On her first day of her two-day trip to her constituency Rae Bareli, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi Thursday sought forgiveness from the people for not being able to come amongst them due to “personal reasons”. She also announced a number of schemes.
In her address to local people and party workers after laying the foundation stone of the four-laning of the National Highway 28 between Rae Bareli and Lucknow, Gandhi said that she wanted everyone to be prosperous and happy.
“Zindagi ka silsila nahin rukta hai, nahin desh ke liye kaam karne ka”(Life does not stop, neither does work for the nation),” she said, adding that the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government had brought out many schemes for the poor and the downtrodden.
But the real change, Gandhi underlined, would come when the education sector gets a major impetus. She also announced that a women’s degree college would soon be set up in the name of the late prime minister Indira Gandhi at Rae Bareilly.
Apart from the four laning of the NH 28 at a cost of Rs.600 crore, the Congress chief also announced a host of other infrastructural projects for her parliamentary constituency including broadening of the railway overbridge at Bachrawan, an overbridge in the city to ease transport and two level crossings at the Kunda bypass.
Gandhi was accompanied by the Union Ministers C.P. Joshi and Jatin Prasad.
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli - May 10, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi begins two-day Rae Bareli visit - Feb 04, 2011
- Huge support for Jan Lokpal bill in Sonia's constituency - Nov 05, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi monitors execution of central welfare schemes in Rae Bareli - Nov 29, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli Monday - May 15, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi in Rae Bareli on two-day trip - Dec 11, 2009
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, slam Mayawati (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli for two days - Feb 02, 2011
- Work on Rae Bareli AIIMS to begin soon: Azad - Aug 09, 2012
- All eyes on Lucknow in fourth phase of UP polls - Feb 18, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli - Nov 27, 2010
- Gandhi charisma fading? Congress humbled in Rae Bareli, Amethi - Mar 06, 2012
- Team Anna adopting undemocratic means, says Jitin Prasada - Aug 01, 2012
- Vote for change, Priyanka Gandhi urges UP voters - Feb 03, 2012
Tags: bareilly, congress chief, degree college, education sector, highway 28, indira gandhi, infrastructural projects, jatin, kaam, karne, laning, laying the foundation, level crossings, parliamentary constituency, prime minister indira, progressive alliance, rae bareli, sonia gandhi, union ministers, zindagi