Sonia among top 10 powerful people in worldNovember 4th, 2010 - 4:04 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Nov 4 (IANS) India’s ruling Congress chief Sonia Gandhi is among the top 10 most powerful people in the world, according to the Forbes magazine.
Sonia, who is ahead of Microsoft founder Bill Gates (10th), comes in ninth on the list.
According to the magazine, the list of World’s Most Powerful People released Wednesday comprises “the 68 who matter” of the 6.8 billion people on the planet.
Chinese President Hu Jintao was placed on the top of the list, ahead of US President Barack Obama, who topped last year’s rankings.
The Forbes 2010 list contains heads of state, major religious figures and entrepreneurs. Forbes said they were chosen “because, in various ways, they bend the world to their will”.
The top 10 also included Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin (4th), British Prime Minister David Cameron (7th) and chairman of the US Federal Reserve Ben Bernanke (8th).
- Sonia among top 10 powerful people in world (Lead) - Nov 04, 2010
- Sonia among 10 most powerful in world: Forbes (Second Lead) - Nov 04, 2010
- Forbes names Bill Gates 'Most Powerful Man in technology' - Nov 07, 2010
- Sonia ahead of Manmohan in Forbes list, Hu bests Obama (Night Lead) - Nov 04, 2010
- Sonia, Manmohan among 20 most powerful in world: Forbes - Nov 03, 2011
- Obama tops world's most powerful list, Manmohan at No. 36 - Nov 12, 2009
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi ranked world's sixth most powerful woman - Aug 22, 2012
- Dawood on Forbes' list of world's most powerful - Nov 12, 2009
- Vladimir Putin begins China visit - Jun 05, 2012
- Putin begins state visit to China (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Dawood, Osama on Forbes' most powerful list - Nov 04, 2010
- Clinton, Sonia, Nooyi among 'world's powerful moms' (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Lakshmi Mittal replaces Mukesh Ambani as world's richest Indian - Mar 10, 2011
- 136 Chinese, 61 Indian firms on Forbes' list - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: barack obama, bill gates, british prime minister, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, congress chief, david cameron, federal reserve, forbes magazine, founder bill gates, hu jintao, India, microsoft founder, minister david, president hu jintao, religious figures, russian prime minister, sonia gandhi, us federal reserve, vladimir putin