Solution can be found in 24 hours: KejriwalAugust 23rd, 2011 - 4:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 23 (IANS) The government can find a solution to the logjam over the stringent Lokpal bill in 24 hours, a member of Team Anna said Tuesday while cautioning that there would be a major law and order problem if something happened to Anna Hazare.
“We are confident that if the government has the political will, then a solution on the Lokpal bill can arrived at in 24 hours,” Arvind Kejriwal told a news channel as Hazare’s fast for a stronger anti-corruption law entered day eight.
He said they had no preconditions on talks with government but some responsible person should be deputed for the parleys.
“Anna ji will continue to fast till we get a written assurance from the government. I want to say that if something happens to Anna or he is hospitalised, thousands of people will be on streets which can cause a law and order problem,” Kejriwal said.
He stressed that Home Minister P. Chidambaram and Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal were unacceptable to Team Anna as mediators.
- Solution in sight to end Lokpal logjam? - Aug 23, 2011
- Lokpal row: Fourth round of talks Thursday - Aug 25, 2011
- Government should send responsible representatives: Kejriwal - Aug 23, 2011
- BJP accepts Jan Lokpal bill: Gadkari writes to Anna - Aug 25, 2011
- Let government remove me: Anna to supporters - Aug 25, 2011
- 'Government responsible if anything happens to Anna' - Aug 24, 2011
- Team Anna hardens stand, cops want them hospitalised (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Kejriwal blames Chidambaram, Sibal for talks breakdown (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Standoff continues, PM says anything can happen - Aug 24, 2011
- We will work out a solution, says Pranab - Aug 24, 2011
- Three sticking points with government: Team Anna - Aug 24, 2011
- Kejriwal, Rai advised hospitalisation - Jul 31, 2012
- Hazare, team end fast; promise people's movement as political alternative (Roundup) - Aug 03, 2012
- Anna slams government, Kejriwal to carry on fast (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Kejriwal, Bhushans support Ramdev's fast - Jun 03, 2011
Tags: arvind kejriwal, corruption, development minister, home minister, human resource development, ji, kapil sibal, law and order, logjam, mediators, New Delhi, p chidambaram, parleys, preconditions, responsible person