SMS alerts on ration planned in Madhya PradeshSeptember 11th, 2011 - 11:09 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Sep 11 (IANS) Information on availability of ration under the public distribution system (PDS) would soon be available to people in Madhya Pradesh through SMS, officials said Sunday.
The state government is working on a scheme through which consumers of PDS would get the information on ration’s availability at fair price shops in their areas.
“It is a much-needed step…after the SMS alerts, consumers can questions the dealers,” said a civil supplies department official.
The government has fixed Sep 22 as the last date for giving concrete shape to the tender for service providers. The state civil supplies department would be the nodal agency for the scheme.
Online registration of consumers for getting enrolled for the scheme is continuing. So far, more than 450 consumers have been registered.
- Click to keep tabs on fair price shops - Jul 19, 2011
- Leakages to be plugged before food security implemented - Jun 10, 2012
- Central Vigilance Committee on PDS visits Assam tomorrow - Mar 02, 2011
- Price rise: Centre asks States to take up market intervention effectively - Feb 07, 2011
- Pulses, edible oils may be subsidised to reduce prices: Food Minister (Interview) - Jul 26, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to install GPS devices to ensure food reaches poor - Jun 21, 2010
- UP to launch state portal for citizen welfare - Jul 19, 2012
- 54 lakh Haryana families to get smart ration cards - May 28, 2011
- E-governance to wipe out touts in Tripura: Minister - Sep 15, 2011
- Andhra's rice scheme to benefit 75 mn people - Nov 01, 2011
- Poor want ration, not cash: Activists - Jun 15, 2012
- Scheduled caste farmer burnt alive in Madhya Pradesh - Sep 22, 2011
- Slum dwellers protest direct cash transfers - Sep 27, 2011
- 125,000 pilgrims to be covered under Haj subsidy - Jul 20, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh poll officials target youth - Jun 05, 2011