Slain Kerala leader’s wife seeks CBI probeSeptember 4th, 2012 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
Kozhikode, Sep 4 (IANS) Four months after the murder of a former CPI-M leader, his wife Tuesday asked the Kerala government to order a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the incident.
T.P. Chandrasekheran, 51, was stabbed to death here May 4.
His wife K.K. Rema’s request for a CBI probe has come at a time when police last month filed a charge sheet with a list of 76 accused, including Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leaders.
“With the conspirators involving the top leadership of the CPI-M, police have their limitations… hence the best option is to hand over the further probe to the CBI,” said Rema.
Chandrasekheran was a CPI-M leader from Onchiyam near here who left the party in 2008 and formed his own Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP).
P. Mohanan, accused number 14 in the charge sheet, is the husband of CPI-M legislator K.K. Lathika.
C.H. Ashokan, accused number nine, is the former secretary of the CPI-M-backed NGO of the state government employees.
The charge sheet submitted in the Vadakara magistrate court said that the prime motive for the murder was that Chandrasekheran’s RMP had become a serious threat to the CPI-M in the state.
- Kerala CPI-M in tight spot over murder probe - Sep 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan too wants CBI to probe former colleague's murder - Sep 06, 2012
- CPI(M) leaders accused in murder of former party leader - Aug 13, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader nabbed for former colleague's murder - Jun 29, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader held for ex-colleague's murder (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M sacks three local party workers - Aug 17, 2012
- Chargesheet soon in ex-Marxist leader's murder - Jul 14, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail in murder case (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- CPI-M leader held for Kerala murder - May 16, 2012
- CPI-M seeks probe into 'false' news on ex-leader's killing - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: ashokan, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, conspirators, CPI, four months, kerala government, kozhikode, leadership, legislator, magistrate court, marxist party, ngo, number nine, prime motive, rema, rmp, state government employees