Six years of the Nitish Katara murder caseMay 28th, 2008 - 2:33 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) The Nitish Katara murder case, as it proceeded from February 2002 when his body was found to Wednesday when a city court held Vikas and Vishal Yadav guilty of kidnapping and murdering him: Feb 16-17, 2002: Nitish Katara abducted from a marriage party in Ghaziabad.
Feb 20, 2002: The body of Nitish Katara found in a village in Bulandshahr. His alleged girlfriend Bharti Yadav, daughter of influential Uttar Pradesh politician D.P. Yadav, leaves for Britain.
March 11, 2002: The Tata Safari allegedly used in the murder recovered from GT Road, Karnal.
March 31, 2002: Uttar Pradesh police files a four-page chargesheet.
April 23, 2002: Prime accused Vikas and Vishal Yadav arrested from Madhya Pradesh.
Aug 23, 2002: Supreme Court transfers the case from Uttar Pradesh to Delhi.
Nov 23, 2002: Charges framed against the three accused - Vikas, Vishal and Sukhdev.
April 7, 2003: A separate trial starts against the third accused Sukhdev Pahalwan, who was arrested in 2005. The trial in Sukhdev’s case is at the stage of prosecution evidence.
March 2004: All witnesses, except D.P. Yadav’s daughter Bharti Yadav, depose in court.
November 2005: Prime witness Bharti Yadav returns to India.
May 2006: Bharti Yadav’s passport is revoked.
Nov 25, 2006: Bharti Yadav deposes in court after three years of notices and summons.
December 2007: The prosecution wraps up its final arguments and claims Bharti Yadav’s alleged proximity to Nitish resulted in her brothers murdering him.
April 2, 2008: Trial court begins hearing the Nitish Katara murder case on a day-to-day basis.
April 23, 2008: Trial in the Nitish Katara murder case ends.
May 27, 2008: Court fixes date for pronouncement of verdict.
May 28, 2008: Court holds Vikas and Vishal Yadav guilty of murder. Quantum of sentence to be pronounced May 30.
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict - Jul 17, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Third accused held guilty - Jul 06, 2011
- Sukhdev Pehalwan gets life term for Nitish Katara murder (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Verdict on third accused Wednesday - Jul 05, 2011
- Give death to Nitish Katara killers, police tell court - Aug 28, 2012
- Death term sought for Katara murder convict - Jan 20, 2012
- Death term sought for Katara murder convict (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Court orders medical inspection of Nitish Katara killers - Feb 02, 2012
- Vikas Yadav wants four days leave from jail - Nov 09, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Katara murder case: Delhi HC allows Vikas to attend brother's wedding - Apr 26, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal to pay Rs.16 lakh for security - Mar 16, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records - Feb 01, 2012
- Vikas Yadav gets one day's leave from jail (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
Tags: abducted, bharti yadav, court fixes, d p yadav, ghaziabad, madhya pradesh, march 11, marriage party, New Delhi, nitish katara murder, nitish katara murder case, politician, prime witness, pronouncement, prosecution evidence, sukhdev, summons, tata safari, trial court, uttar pradesh