Six union ministers visit Chandigarh on same dayOctober 24th, 2009 - 1:27 am ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Oct 23 (IANS) Six union ministers landed up in the city, a centrally-administered union territory (UT) that is the joint capital of Punjab and Haryana, for one reason or the other Friday.
While Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, whose mind otherwise would have been more pre-occupied with the political scene in Maharashtra, came here for a meeting with officials from Punjab and Haryana regarding procurement of paddy and other agriculture issues.
Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni, who also has a house here, came here to be the chief guest at a medical conference at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) here.
Minister for Company Affairs Salman Khursheed too stopped in the city for a few hours on his way to Shimla. He had lunch with Soni at her residence.
Union Minister for Parliamentary Affairs and Water Resources Pawan Kumar Bansal, who is also the MP from Chandigarh, was in the city and held a press conference against Punjab Governor and UT Administrator S.F. Rodrigues.
Union Sports Minister Manohar Singh Gill, who too has relatives and a farmhouse here, came here to lay the foundation stone of a shooting range at Panjab University campus.
In the evening, central minister in the Prime Minister’s office (PMO), Prithviraj Chauhan, arrived to hold a meeting with Haryana Congress legislators to decide on the state’s next chief minister.
- Centre to ensure Punjab, Haryana quota in Chandigarh posts - Jun 11, 2012
- When it comes to Chandigarh, Punjab won't give an inch - Dec 01, 2009
- Chandigarh wakes up to save lost heritage (With Images) - May 09, 2011
- Protesters picket Manmohan Singh's Chandigarh house (Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Union minister-Chandigarh administrator fight hots up - Oct 23, 2009
- Hooda discharged from hospital - May 17, 2012
- BJP demands judicial probe into Chandigarh spat - Oct 24, 2009
- Hundreds in Punjab, Haryana support Hazare - Apr 08, 2011
- Police ask Chandigarh mayor to look for absconding councillor - Sep 18, 2009
- Rodrigues embroiled in controversial land deals - Oct 15, 2009
- Governor's public hearing has few takers (Punjab Newsletter) - Nov 26, 2011
- Pro-Hazare protesters picket ministers' houses - Aug 16, 2011
- Shivraj Patil sworn in as Punjab governor - Jan 22, 2010
- Senior Haryana official found unconscious, hospitalized - Apr 14, 2012
- Top Chandigarh finance official in golfing controversy - Dec 01, 2010
Tags: agriculture issues, agriculture minister, ambika soni, bansal, capital of punjab, chief guest, company affairs, graduate institute, haryana, manohar singh gill, medical conference, panjab university, parliamentary affairs, prithviraj chauhan, sharad pawar, shooting range, union minister, union ministers, union sports, union territory