Singh Deo quits as BJP assembly leaderAugust 27th, 2012 - 9:52 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Aug 27 (IANS) Kanak Vardhan Singh Deo Monday resigned as Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader in the Odisha assembly, a day ahead of the monsoon session.
“I have received his resignation. The party will soon take a decision,” BJP state president Jual Oram told IANS. Singh Deo has not cited any reason behind the move, he added.
Singh Deo’s resignation came a day ahead of the monsoon session of the state assembly. BJP has six members in the 147-member assembly.
Singh Deo, who represents Patnagarh constituency since 1995, refused to comment.
- Former Orissa legislator quits BJP - Oct 20, 2011
- Odisha gangrape: Minister resigns (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Probe sought into killing near Posco project site - Dec 15, 2011
- BJP rules out poll pact with BJD - Oct 31, 2011
- Its a three-way fight in Orissa polls - Apr 13, 2009
- Orissa opposition protests assembly adjournment - Dec 06, 2009
- Odisha protests over petrol price hike - May 24, 2012
- Opposition parties demand justice for rape victim - Jan 16, 2012
- Shutdown cripples life in Odisha (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Prosecute Patnaik over pulses scam, BJP tells Orissa governor - Feb 16, 2011
- Odisha hooch toll is 32, excise minister resigns (Second Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Orissa ex-MP Khagapati Pradhani dies - Feb 04, 2010
- Pranab hopeful of Mamata's support (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- Pranab in Odisha to seek support - Jul 11, 2012