Sibal attacks ‘multi-level corruption’ in BJP-led MCDApril 13th, 2012 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 13 (IANS) On the last day of campaigning for Delhi’s civic polls, the Congress fielded central minister Kapil Sibal, who charged the the BJP-led Municipal Corporation of Delhi with “multi-level corruption”.
Taking a dig at MCD’s failure to complete its multi-level parking projects, Sibal said: “Instead of giving multi-level parking project to the capital, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is doing multi-level corruption in MCD for the past five years.”
Sibal said that BJP in the last five years has proven “that the party cannot improve when it comes to development”.
After Ajay Maken and Krishna Tirath, Kapil Sibal was the third union minister who joined the campaigning.
Addressing a press conference with Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee chief J.P. Agarawal the human resource development minister praised his party’s work in the capital.
“Only Congress can forge the road to development and Delhi is the example of rapid pace of development which it has witnessed during the 13-year rule of Congress,” said Sibal.
He pointed out that 2,50,000 children in MCD schools sit on rugs which shows the poor education infrastructure.
The issue of ghost employees in the MCD also featured in his diatribe against the BJP.
Sibal said in the new budget of BJP-led MCD the common man will have bear the burden of Rs.520 crore.
“They increased property tax, toll tax and in their new budget there will be tax on sanitation facilities,” he added.
However, when faced with barrage of questions over price rise, 2G scam, CWG bungling, Sibal sidetracked with : “Let’s talk about MCD and not deviate from the topic. I can answer all your queries after this conference.”
- Civic elections: Delhi poll panel hopes for high turnout - Apr 09, 2012
- BJP-led MCD developed culture of earning money: Maken - Apr 11, 2012
- Bhagidari will be introduced if Congress wins: Dikshit - Apr 13, 2012
- MCD campaign: BJP banks on stars, Congress on ministers - Apr 07, 2012
- Citizen's charter among Congress promises for MCD polls - Apr 07, 2012
- MCD elections: Congress rubbishes BJP attack - Apr 04, 2012
- Can't allow Lokpal to run parallel government: Sibal - Jun 24, 2011
- MCD elections: Sheila attacks BJP - Mar 12, 2012
- Rs.8400 cr Bangalore budget focuses on city infrastructure - Aug 30, 2010
- BJP wins Delhi civic polls, but road ahead not so smooth - Apr 17, 2012
- Ahead of Delhi civic polls, Gadkari attacks Congress - Apr 03, 2012
- No new taxes, medical college: BJP promises for civic polls - Apr 08, 2012
- BJP has saved democracy, says Yashwant Sinha - Aug 29, 2012
- Sonia slams BJP for obstructing legislations - Dec 21, 2011
- Multi-level car parking for Airport Metro commuters - Feb 06, 2012
Tags: ajay maken, barrage, bharatiya janata party, bjp, campaigning, civic polls, committee chief, common man, crore, delhi pradesh congress committee, development minister, diatribe, education infrastructure, human resource development, kapil sibal, municipal corporation of delhi, poor education, rapid pace, sanitation facilities, union minister