Shunglu panel submits three more reports

March 29th, 2011 - 11:33 am ICT by IANS  

Manmohan Singh New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) The V.K. Shunglu committee, which probed alleged irregularities in the conduct of the 2010 Commonwealth Games, Tuesday submitted three more reports to the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), an official said.

“The PMO will go through the report and decide on the follow-up action soon,” a senior official told IANS.

The reports deal with several shortcomings of government officials and irregularities by contractors in executing works for the Commonwealth Games held Oct 3-14 last year, informed sources said.

The two-member Shunglu panel, appointed in October last year, has already submitted its reports on broadcasting deals by public broadcaster Prasar Bharati, construction of the Games village and on city infrastructure-related projects.

In the first report submitted Jan 31 on irregularities in awarding broadcasting rights during the mega event, the panel recommended strict action against suspended CEO of Prasar Bharati B.S. Lalli and former director general (Doordarshan) Aruna Sharma under the Indian Penal Code and Prevention of Corruption Act for their alleged act of omission and commission.

As a follow-up, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has filed an FIR against Lalli while Sharma, an IAS officer, was reverted to her parent cadre.

In its reports on the Games village and city infrastructure submitted last week, the Shunglu committee named Delhi Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.

Dikshit met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday. She had given her clarifications on the indictment by the Shunglu panel, sources said.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Politics |

Subscribe