Show unity against corruption, Digvijay tells MPsDecember 27th, 2011 - 12:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 27 (IANS) With the parliament set to debate the contentious Lokpal bill Tuesday, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh called it an opportunity for parliamentarians to show their unity against corruption.
“Today the Lokpal Bill is being debated. An opportunity for Parliamentarians to show to the World that they are united to fight corruption,” Digvijay Singh said on Twitter.
Taking a dig at Team Anna, which is staging an agitation for a strong Lokpal in Mumbai and Delhi, the Congress leader said they were being “cruel” asking unwell Anna Hazare to fast.
“For a change shouldn’t Kejriwal, Kiran Bedi and the Bhushans fast instead of making Anna fast even when is unwell. Team Anna being cruel,” he said in another post on Twitter.
Anna Hazare starts his three-day-fast at Mumbai’s MMRDA ground Tuesday.
- Government spreading lies about Anna: Kejriwal - Dec 25, 2011
- Team Anna writes to PM ahead of Mumbai fast (Intro Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
- Team Anna firm on bringing PM, CBI under Lokpal (Lead) - Dec 14, 2011
- Hazare fast pulls crowds (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Delhi to Mumbai: MPs debate, Anna protests Lokpal bill (Afternoon Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Anna being fooled by his team: Digvijay - Nov 06, 2011
- Anna Hazare arrives at MMRDA ground in Mumbai - Dec 27, 2011
- Hazare returns to village after treatment - Feb 18, 2012
- Third round of government-Team Anna talks shortly - Aug 24, 2011
- Anna to restructure core committee - Nov 07, 2011
- Hazare's fast enters fourth day - Aug 01, 2012
- Bhushan's Kashmir statement under Anna scanner (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2011
- Lokpal row: Fourth round of talks Thursday - Aug 25, 2011
- Anna breaks one-day token fast - Mar 25, 2012
- Delhi not an option for agitation: Kiran Bedi - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: agitation, anna hazare, congress leader, corruption, digvijay singh, general secretary, kiran bedi, lokpal bill, mmrda, mps, mumbai, New Delhi, parliament, parliamentarians, twitter, unity, unwell