Shot Bill Gwatney, Arkansas Democratic chairman: suspect chased to deathAugust 14th, 2008 - 5:25 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot
State senator and chairman of the state’s Democratic Party of Arkansas , Bill Gwatney, 48 , was shot at least three times and died around 3:59 pm CDT on Wednesday.
He was shot by a gunman who walked into the party headquarters near the state capitol building and demanded to speak to chairman then and fired three shots at the office near the state Capitol,reported by local media.
Bill Gwatney was shot multiple times (at least 3 times ) in the upper body and died of his wounds 4 hours later.
Before shooting the gunman threatened an employee at that Arkansas State Baptist Convention headquarters, claim official.
“The man pointed a gun at another official there, and when asked what was wrong, the man said, “I lost my job.” said Dan Jordan, the Baptist group’s business manager. Jordan doubted if it was the same suspect.
Reports updated later that the suspect was chased some 30 miles, into Grant County, and caught after being shot, the police spokesman said. The suspect’s condition and motive were not known. It wasn’t immediately known whether that shot was self-inflicted.
“not only a strong chairman of Arkansas’ Democratic Party, but he is also a cherished friend and confidante.” said Former President Clinton and Sen.
FBI spokesman, Steve Frazier said his agency was trying in the investigation but could not offer any details.
- Chairman of Arkansas Democratic party shot dead - Aug 14, 2008
- Arkansas state Democratic Party chairman shot dead - Aug 14, 2008
- Gurdwara shooter acted alone: FBI - Aug 09, 2012
- Hostage situation at Discovery Channel headquarters - Sep 02, 2010
- Boxing legend Joe Frazier dies at age 67 - Nov 09, 2011
- Mary Steenburgen And Ted Danson At Chelsea Clinton's Wedding - Aug 01, 2010
- Gunman kills four in US - Aug 30, 2010
- 13 die as fresh tornadoes hit three US states - May 26, 2011
- Gunman kills seven at California religious college - Apr 03, 2012
- Elderly man kills 2 doctors before killing self in southwestern Germany - Mar 07, 2012
- Gurdwara gunman shot himself in head: FBI - Aug 09, 2012
- 14 killed, 50 wounded at Batman showing in US (Fourth Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Twelve killed in flash floods at US camp ground - Jun 11, 2010
- 14 shot dead as they saw Batman film in US theatre (Third Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Belgian gunman kills son and police officer - Mar 14, 2010