Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray discharged from hospitalMarch 8th, 2009 - 2:15 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 8 (IANS) After spending 11 days in hospital here, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray was discharged Sunday. His condition was described as ‘fine’ by a party spokesman.
Thackeray, 82, returned to his bungalow, ‘Matoshri’ in Bandra east, barely 2 km away. He smiled and waved out to his party activists and well-wishers along the route.
Thackeray was taken to the Lilavati Hospital Feb 26 following a minor lung infection. He was due to address a crucial party executive meeting at the time.
Though he was due to be discharged the same day, doctors recommended an extended stay to enable them carry out various tests on him, according to the spokesman.
Thackeray has been advised rest for at least a week before he can resume his normal routine.
- Quiet, private 52nd birthday for Uddhav - Jul 27, 2012
- Bal Thackeray stable, to be discharged - May 14, 2012
- Bal Thackeray hospitalised - Jul 24, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray discharged after angiography (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Uddhav visits father in hospital - Jul 28, 2012
- Raj-Uddhav Thackeray 'bonhomie' fuels political speculation - Jul 16, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray to undergo angioplasty Friday - Jul 20, 2012
- On Maharashtra Day eve, Bal Thackeray appears in public - Apr 30, 2010
- Uddhav Thackeray had chest pain since four days - Jul 17, 2012
- Gadkari visits Bal Thackeray in hospital - Jul 26, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray admitted to Lilavati after chest pain - Jul 16, 2012
- Raj speaks up for estranged uncle Bal Thackeray - Jun 01, 2011
- Bal Thackeray discharged from hospital - Aug 01, 2012
- Thackeray hits back at Ajit Pawar for letting off 'gas' - Jun 01, 2011
- Uddhav undergoes angioplasty, is 'absolutely fine' - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: bal thackeray, bandra, bungalow, doctors, executive meeting, extended stay, lilavati hospital, lung infection, mumbai, party activists, party executive, party spokesman, shiv sena chief, various tests, well wishers