Shibu Soren found guilty of violating code of conductFebruary 18th, 2009 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 18 (IANS) A Jharkhand court Wednesday found former chief minister Shibu Soren, his son Durga Soren and former deputy chief minister Stephen Marandi guilty of violating the election code. They were, however, let off with a warning.
The court of Judicial Magistrate Bandana Mishra found Soren, his eldest son Durga and Marandi guilty of violating the model code of conduct in 2003.
During the Poraiyahat assembly by-election in 2003, government officials were allegedly roughed up by supporters of the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) at the behest of these leaders.
After terming them guilty in the case, the court let them off with a warning, as it was the first violation of the model code of conduct by them.
- Jharkhand deputy chief minister gets bail - May 20, 2011
- Four JMM legislators boycott legislative party meeting - Oct 19, 2011
- Hopeful getting Mamata's support, says Pranab (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Family feud delaying a constituency for Soren? - Apr 09, 2010
- JMM fields Saneev Kumar for Rajya Sabha - Apr 17, 2012
- JMM, AJSU legislators unhappy with Munda government - Oct 17, 2011
- Jharkhand leaders violate land law? - Feb 18, 2012
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
- Hope BJP will support our Rajya Sabha candidate: JMM - Mar 26, 2012
- Shibu Soren hunting for seat to contest - Apr 27, 2010
- 'Files pending as Jharkhand top brass focuses on by-poll' - Jun 28, 2011
- Shibu Soren unlikely to be inducted in union cabinet - May 25, 2009
- JMM eyes Jameshedpur Lok Sabha seat after Munda victory - Feb 18, 2011
- Jharkhand to have new BJP-led government (Lead) - May 08, 2010
- JMM tight-lipped over fresh row in 1993 bribery case - Sep 13, 2011