Shettar meets Gowda, says will speak after taking oathJuly 8th, 2012 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 8 (IANS) Karnataka Rural Development Minister Jagadish Shettar, who will be the new chief minister, Sunday declined to comment on his imminent elevation, replacing D. V. Sadananda Gowda.
“I will speak only after taking oath,” he told reporters after a brief meeting with Gowda soon after the chief minister returned from New Delhi after submitting his resignation to Bharatiya Janata Party chief Nitin Gadkari.
Shettar drove to the chief minister’s official residence “Anugraha” in the city centre for a brief interaction with Gowda who has pledged his full cooperation “to my good friend Shettar”.
The party’s legislature wing is likely to meet Tuesday, contrary to earlier indications that it will do so Monday, to formally elect Shettar as its leader in place of Gowda.
BJP senior leaders Arun Jaitley and Rajnath Singh would be here Monday evening to ensure the leadership change would be a smooth affair.
There is no word yet from Gowda when he would submit the resignation to Governor H. R. Bhardwaj, Monday itself or Tuesday after formal election of Shettar as leader of the legislature party.
- Shettar to take oath as Karnataka CM Thursday, power struggle continues (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Gowda resigns, Shettar stakes claim, faces ministry-making hurdle (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Shettar to be elected Karnataka BJP legislature party leader Tuesday - Jul 09, 2012
- Jockeying for power in Karnataka delays leadership change - Jul 10, 2012
- Karnataka CM-designate Shettar grapples with ministry formation (Evening Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Gowda woos Shettar faction before swearing-in - Aug 04, 2011
- Shettar is Karnataka's new chief minister (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Shettar to be Karnataka CM Thursday, jockeying for power on (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Shettar is Karnataka's new chief minister (Evening Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- BJP replaces Gowda with Shettar in Karnataka (Roundup) - Jul 08, 2012
- Shettar stakes claim to form government - Jul 11, 2012
- Gowda quits as Karnataka CM (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Shettar is Karnataka's new chief minister (Second Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Shettar elected Karnataka BJP legislature party leader (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Karnataka chief minister will be chosen democratically: Jaitley - Aug 01, 2011
Tags: anugraha, bhardwaj, chief minister, contrary, development minister, elevation, formal election, full cooperation, good friend, interaction, jagadish, leadership change, New Delhi, party chief, rajnath singh, resignation, rural development