Sheila Dikshit ‘upset’ over gangrapes in capitalJune 24th, 2009 - 7:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 24 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Wednesday said that reports of two incidents of gangrape in the capital in the last two days have deeply “upset” her.
“I don’t want to comment on what the police are doing, but I certainly feel very upset and disturbed when these kind of things happen,” Dikshit told reporters.
“We will go deeper into this and wait for Delhi Police to investigate,” she added.
On Monday, a woman alleged that she was raped by five policemen, including an officer, in the premises of the Inderpuri police station in southwest Delhi.
Although the case was not registered immediately - inciting an angry mob of protesters to pelt stones at the police station - it was registered a little past midnight, or early Wednesday.
In another case, on Tuesday, a 22-year-old woman alleged that she was sexually assaulted by three men, including her husband’s friend, in her east-Delhi residence.
- Delhi Police register rape case against its men, no arrest yet (Lead) - Jun 24, 2009
- Mob turns violent after woman alleges gang rape by cops in Delhi - Jun 23, 2009
- Sheila Dikshit orders probe into alleged police rape of woman - Jun 23, 2009
- Delhi woman now tells court policemen did not rape her - Jun 26, 2009
- Delhi Police register case accusing its men of gangrape - Jun 24, 2009
- Woman fails to identify policemen she accused of rape - Jun 25, 2009
- Delhi woman accuses policemen of rape, sparks mob fury (Second Lead) - Jun 23, 2009
- Woman alleges rape by policemen, sparks mob anger (Third Lead) - Jun 24, 2009
- Mob fury after Delhi woman alleges rape by policemen (Lead) - Jun 23, 2009
- Pipili case: Charge sheet filed against dismissed cop - May 11, 2012
- Woman pub employee gang raped in Gurgaon (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Five arrested for gangraping Gurgaon pub employee (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Dikshit orders probe into kids' abuse in orphanage - Feb 20, 2012
- Security guard's widow arrested for his murder - Jan 24, 2011
- Three Odisha doctors charged in Pipli gangrape case - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: angry mob, chief minister, delhi police, east delhi, gangrape, gangrapes, june 24, little past midnight, New Delhi, old woman, police station, policemen, premises, protesters, sheila dikshit, southwest, three men