Shashi Tharoor to be sworn in as ministerMay 27th, 2009 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS)Shashi Tharoor, the former UN undersecretary general, will be sworn as a minister in Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s council of ministers Thursday.
Sources close to Tharoor said he got a call from the Prime Minister’s Office asking him to be present for the swearing-in ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Tharoor, who contested from Thiruvananthapuram, won by a margin of nearly 100,000 votes beating Ramachandran Nair of the Communist Party of India (CPI).
- Rahul prefers working for the party: PM (Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Cabinet reshuffle Wednesday evening - Jan 18, 2011
- Two berths vacant for DMK, says PM - Jul 12, 2011
- Pradeep Kumar sworn in as CVC - Jul 14, 2011
- CPI trailing in all four Kerala seats it contested - May 16, 2009
- President Patil hosting At Home for ministers, judges - Jul 22, 2012
- Rahul prefers to work for the party: PM - Jul 12, 2011
- Mamata telephones Pranab to congratulate him, to attend swearing-in - Jul 22, 2012
- Kerala jubilant with six MPs in council of ministers - May 27, 2009
- Will place for 'Kerala Nair' in cabinet appease NSS? - Jan 19, 2011
- Shashi Tharoor: From youngest doctorate at Tufts to beleaguered minister - Apr 19, 2010
- PM accepts Kamat's resignation - Jul 13, 2011
- Jayalalithaa sworn-in Tamil Nadu chief minister (Third Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Council of Ministers represents a bend of experience and energy: PM - May 28, 2009
- Half-day in government offices around Parliament House - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: call from the prime minister, communist party of india, council of ministers, CPI, manmohan, manmohan singh, nair, New Delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, ramachandran, s council, shashi tharoor, swearing in ceremony, undersecretary