Sharad Yadav rejects Advani’s prediction on 2014 pollsAugust 6th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 6 (IANS) Janata Dal (United) chief Sharad Yadav, who is also the convener of the NDA, Monday said he disagreed with veteran Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani’s prediction of a non-Congress, non-BJP prime minister after the 2014 general elections.
“L.K. Advani is the NDA (National Democratic Alliance) working chairperson. But he has predicted… and I do not go by the prediction. UPA will go (after the elections) and NDA will put up a fight,” he said.
“Advani is an elder statesman and so many times he has risen above party lines while making comments. But I am not in agreement with his prediction,” Sharad Yadav said.
Advani, in a blog post published Sunday, shocked his party by saying that a non-BJP, non-Congress leader will become the prime minister in 2014, supported by one of these two alliances.
The blog comes against the backdrop of reports of BJP president Nitin Gadkari having assured Bihar Chief Minister and JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar that Narendra Modi will not be the NDA’s prime ministerial candidate.
The BJP has so far evaded any direct response on Advani’s blog post and the party has maintained that any decision on the prime ministerial candidate would be taken just before the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar Monday refused to comment on the issue.
- Advani's blog musings demoralising, says Thackeray - Aug 07, 2012
- Advani blog: Sena fumes, JD(U) welcomes prediction (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- JD(U) says Nitish eligible for PM, lauds Advani for blog - Aug 07, 2012
- NDA leader will be next PM: Gadkari - Aug 06, 2012
- Thackeray slams Advani for 'demoralising' blog musings (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Non-BJP, non-Congress PM feasible in 2014: Advani - Aug 05, 2012
- NDA to wait and watch: Advani (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Congress mocks Trinamool desire to go it alone in 2014 polls - Aug 06, 2012
- Presidential run-up more damaging for BJP than Congress (Comment) - Jun 23, 2012
- Jaswant Singh is NDA's vice presidential candidate (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Pranab miles ahead as NDA squabbles (Roundup) - Jun 17, 2012
- Resign, clarify: Opposition call to prime minister (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- NDA defers decision on presidential polls (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- BJP to send Swamy as emissary to Mulayam - Jun 15, 2012
- Advani sting: People upset with BJP too (Lead) - May 31, 2012
Tags: backdrop, chairperson, chief minister, congress leader, convener, direct response, elder statesman, general elections, janata, jd, l k advani, lok sabha polls, modi, national democratic alliance, nda, nitin, party spokesperson, prime ministerial candidate, sharad yadav, UPA