SFI wins Himachal university pollsAugust 23rd, 2012 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 23 (IANS) The Students Federation of India (SFI) Thursday again swept the students central association polls in the Himachal Pradesh University here, winning all the seats with a huge margin.
The voting, which was held peacefully, saw a 65 percent turnout.
SFI’s Rahul Chauhan was elected the president, defeating Dinesh Kumar of the ABVP by a margin of 713 votes.
For the post of vice-president, Priyanka Chauhan of the SFI was declared winner, defeating Parul Shukla of the ABVP by 570 votes.
Vikram Kaith (SFI) defeated Tarun Thakur (AVBP) by 697 votes for the general secretary post, while Amit Kumar (SFI) defeated Naresh Kumar Dasta (ABVP) by 751 votes for the joint secretary post.
The SFI is the student wing of the Communist Party of India-Marxist, while the ABVP is affiliated to the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS).
The Congress’s student wing National Students Union of India (NSUI) candidates — Avtar Singh Hans, Ritu Raj Thakur, Sangeeta and Brij Mohan — ended third in the triangular contest.
- Anna helps ABVP defeat NSUI in Delhi varsity polls - Sep 10, 2011
- ABVP sweeps DUSU elections - Sep 04, 2010
- JNU painted Red as AISA sweeps polls (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- ABVP repeats 2002 performance, tops Delhi University polls (Lead) - Sep 04, 2010
- CPI-M student wings sweep Tripura college polls - Dec 03, 2011
- Delhi University goes to poll Friday amidst tight security - Sep 02, 2010
- Polling begins in Delhi University and JNU - Sep 14, 2012
- ABVP tops in Delhi University polls - Sep 04, 2010
- Student's clash: Congress calls strike in Tripura - May 22, 2011
- Delhi University election results announced - Sep 10, 2011
- 37 per cent students turn out for DUSU polls - Sep 04, 2009
- Tighten security for DU polls, says Delhi BJP - Sep 12, 2012
- JNU goes to students' union polls Friday - Sep 13, 2012
- SC seals fate of disqualified DUSU candidates, dismisses petition - Sep 03, 2009
- Disqualified DUSU candidates plea dismissed by Delhi High Court - Sep 01, 2009
Tags: abvp, amit kumar, brij mohan, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress, general secretary, himachal pradesh university, national students, nsui, polls, rahul, rashtriya swayamsewak sangh, ritu raj, sangeeta, sfi, shukla, students union, triangular contest, vice president