Sethi elected BJD parliamentary party leaderMay 24th, 2009 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, May 23 (IANS) Former central minister Arjun Charan Sethi was Saturday elected the leader of the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) parliamentary party in the Lok Sabha.
Sethi was elected unanimously at a meeting of newly elected BJD Lok Sabha members at Naveen Nivas, the official residence of Orissa Chief Minister and party chief Naveen Patnaik.
Sethi had held the water resources portfolio in the National Democratic Alliance government.
Bhartruhari Mahtab was elected chief whip of the parliamentary party in the Lok Sabha.
The BJD has won 14 of the state’s 21 Lok Sabha seats.
- BJD to abstain in vice-presidential poll - Aug 05, 2012
- Dissident BJD leader's forum a parallel platform? - Oct 12, 2011
- Patnaik leaves for Delhi to back Sangma - Jun 27, 2012
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- Presidential election: Sangma's son meets Patnaik - Jun 26, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik is Sangma's proposer for president's poll (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- BJP rules out poll pact with BJD - Oct 31, 2011
- Naveen Patnaik rules out supporting Congress - Mar 07, 2011
- BJD backs Sangma for president - May 17, 2012
- Cancel Pranab's candidature, says Sangma; ISI says Mukherjee quit July 20 (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Cancel Pranab's candidature, says Sangma; ISI says Mukherjee quit June 20 (Second Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Orissa MP booked for assaulting cop - Jan 24, 2011
- Cancel Pranab's candidature, says Sangma; Congress dismisses allegation (Third Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- BJD refuses to join NDA rally - Dec 15, 2010
- Sangma to campaign in Odisha July 15 - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: alliance government, chief minister, chief whip, janata, lok sabha members, lok sabha seats, national democratic alliance, naveen patnaik, orissa, parliamentary party, party chief, party leader, water resources