Sephora Store Hints On Pressing Shoplifting Charges Against Rudy Giuliani’s DaughterAugust 7th, 2010 - 7:03 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Aug 7, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It seems that the cosmetics chain Sephora is in no mood to brush away the shoplifting case concerning Caroline Giuliani, the daughter of the former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani. The 20-year-old daughter of the former presidential candidate is likely to face charges of shoplifting from the upper East Side store after high-ranked officials of Sephora revealed the same to the prosecutors.
Sources say that the cosmetics chain now intends to press charges against the 20-year-old which is in contrast to its earlier stand of refusing to cooperate in the case owing to which they had attained wide negative publicity and faced criticism for giving special privileges to the former mayor’s daughter. The source also went on to say that the sudden change in decision of the company took place after it realized that it was a huge mistake for the store to evade the matter the way it had done. With regard to the case, Caroline Giuliani is scheduled to appear before the court on August 31, but reportedly the District Attorney’s office is still pondering whether to press ahead with the case of the Harvard theater major.
Caroline Giuliani was caught by the security cameras shoplifting five products which were worth more than $100 from the Sephora makeup store located in New York’s Upper East Side. After the authorities were informed about the incident, the 20-year-old was taken into custody and was behind bars for five hours at New York’s 19th precinct lock-up before she was released. Following the incident, Rudy Giuliani’s office released a statement that urged the media to respect the privacy of the former mayor’s daughter as it was a personal matter.
- Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani's daughter arrested for shoplifting - Aug 05, 2010
- Giuliani Daughter Caught Shoplifting On Camera - Aug 07, 2010
- The Shoplifting Case Of Caroline Giuliani Expected To Be Dismissed - Sep 01, 2010
- Caroline Giuliani Taken Into Custody For Shoplifting - Aug 05, 2010
- Former NY Mayor Rudy Giuliani's Daughter Arrested for Shoplifting - Aug 05, 2010
- Rudy Giuliani's daughter arrested on shoplifting charges - Aug 05, 2010
- The Daughter Of Rudy Giuliani Detained On The Charge Of Shoplifting At A Cosmetological Sore In Manhattan - Aug 05, 2010
- Former NY Mayor's daughter arrested for shoplifting - Aug 05, 2010
- Giuliani Daughter Apprehended For Shoplifting - Aug 05, 2010
- Lady Gaga to lead new year's countdown - Dec 29, 2011
- Ivanka Trump & husband Jared Kushner welcome a baby girl - Jul 18, 2011
- Peaches Geldof 'caught shoplifting' - Oct 23, 2011
- New Yorkers slam US leaders for spreading "propaganda" over "Ground Zero mosque" - Aug 20, 2010
- Politicians take backseat as US remembers 9/11 victims (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- TomKat's kitten wears bright red lipstick - Feb 12, 2010
Tags: 19th precinct, caroline giuliani, district attorney, former new york mayor, gina gomez, mayor rudy giuliani, negative publicity, new york mayor, new york mayor rudy, new york mayor rudy giuliani, personal matter, presidential candidate, rudy giuliani, security cameras, sephora, shoplifting case, shoplifting charges, sudden change, upper east side, york mayor rudy giuliani