‘Sense of house’ will of people: PMAugust 28th, 2011 - 12:33 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 27 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Saturday said Parliament adopting the “sense of the house” on the three key demands of fasting activist Anna Hazare on the Lokpal issue was the “will of the people”.
“Parliament has spoken. There was agreement in both the houses. The will of parliament is the will of the people,” Manmohan Singh told reporters.
The prime minister’s letter was taken to Hazare by Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh who was also accompanied by party general secretary Vilas Muttemwar and MP Sandeep Dikshit.
Muttemwar has been tasked with translating the prime minister’s reply as well as the “sense of the house” to Hazare in Marathi.
- Parliament has spoken, says PM - Aug 27, 2011
- Parliament accepted your demands, PM tells Anna - Aug 28, 2011
- Deshmukh conveys parliament's decision to Hazare - Aug 27, 2011
- Anna writes to PM on Lokpal bill - Aug 26, 2011
- Solution in sight to end Lokpal logjam? - Aug 23, 2011
- Government agrees to Team Anna's conditions: Deshmukh - Aug 25, 2011
- Young Congress MPs nuance Congress stance on Hazare fast - Aug 26, 2011
- Triumphant Anna to end fast after parliament debate - Aug 28, 2011
- PM sends flowers, get well message to Anna - Aug 30, 2011
- Mukherjee says discussions in both houses after his statement - Aug 27, 2011
- Lokpal panel split on keeping Group C staff out (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- Jubiliation in Maharashtra over Anna's victory (Lead) - Aug 27, 2011
- Vilasrao Deshmukh meets Hazare (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- PM calls meeting of top ministers on Hazare logjam - Aug 25, 2011
- Lokpal debate in parliament Saturday; Anna firm on key demands (Roundup) - Aug 27, 2011
Tags: activist, anna hazare, general secretary, manmohan, manmohan singh, mp, New Delhi, parliament, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, reply, sandeep dikshit, union minister, vilas muttemwar, vilasrao deshmukh