Senior Conservative party councillor Gerry Forsbrey forced to apologise after using the ‘N-word’June 8th, 2012 - 7:25 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Surrey, June 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A veteran Tory politician, Gerry Forsbrey, has been forced to apologize after he made a racist remark during a council meeting held last week in Staines.
To the astonishment of those attending the planning committee debate, Forsbrey used the ‘N-word. Complaints followed the meeting. Forsbrey was later defended by the council, claiming that the comment just intended to express a point, but not racist.
Nevertheless, the council spokeswomen admitted that the Spelthorne councilor’s choice of words was unwise. She refused to share any information on what action would be taken against Forsbrey.
Forsbrey, a retired butcher and supermarket manager from Ashford, Surrey, has been part of the council since 1998. The veteran councillor has since made an apology, claiming that he not should have used old fashioned language.
He also claimed that his remarks did not intend to offend any individual. On Thursday night, Forsbrey, who is the cabinet member responsible for planning and housing, was unavailable for comment as he is currently on holiday in Turkey.
Kwasi Kwarteng, Spelthorne’s MP, is the son of Ghanaian immigrants. Kwarteng has not yet commented on the matter.
- Tory councillor Bob Frost suspended after racist comments on Facebook - Aug 19, 2011
- Britons are lazy: Indian-origin MP - Aug 18, 2012
- Talk Radio Host Dr. Laura Schlessinger Expresses Apology For N-Word Rant - Aug 13, 2010
- Veteran Radio Talk Show Host Dr. Laura Schlessinger To End Her Radio Show - Aug 18, 2010
- Brit mayor faces calls to resign after Hitler comments - Nov 24, 2010
- Dr. Laura Schlessinger To End Radio Career Over N-Word Controversy - Aug 19, 2010
- Australian Christian lobby chief's anti-gay tweet sparks outrage - Apr 25, 2011
- Whoopi Goldberg defends Mel Gibson and says that he is not a racist - Jul 13, 2010
- Bill Maher Drops N-word In Larry King Show - Sep 18, 2010
- Kissinger apologises for 1973 'gassing Jews in Soviet Union' remarks - Dec 25, 2010
- John Mayer Apologizes For Racist Comment - Feb 12, 2010
- Outrage over Republican senator's racist, sexist ' minorities don't work' comments - Apr 30, 2011
- Brit Mayor apologizes for comparing illegal immigrants to sperm on Facebook - Apr 16, 2010
- Edited "n-word" in 'Huckleberry Finn' stirs heated debate - Jan 06, 2011
- Val Kilmer says sorry to his New Mexico neighbors - Jun 25, 2010
Tags: apology, ashford, astonishment, butcher, cabinet member, choice of words, committee debate, conservative party, councilor, holiday in turkey, immigrants, kwasi, n word, planning committee, politician, racist remark, spelthorne, staines, thursday night, tory