Senator Ensign Apologises For Affair With Cindy HamptonJune 17th, 2009 - 9:55 pm ICT by GD
Nevada Senator John Ensign has apologized publicly over the Cindy Hampton scandal. He said in his statement that he and his wife Darlene Esign have since then reconciled and patched up. They troubled couple have also attended counseling sessions in an effort to stay put in their marriage.
The Senator had been rocked by scandal of having an alleged affair with a member of his campaign staff. Some people are of the opinion though that the apology is not coming without any backhand play. They suggest that it is the direct consequence of an attempted blackmail.
Ensign has earlier been regarded by many as a potential future presidential candidate due to his various qualities. However, the scandal over his affair snatched away the foundation of his higher political aspirations. Since he has admitted to his wife Darlene of his adultery, his political career has been on a down slide.
Ensign had an affair with Cindy Hampton, a former campaign staff. Cindy Hampton is married to one of Ensign’s former legislative aides. After the estranged couple reconciled, Ensign gave Cindy Hampton a severance package before parting ways.
That was not the end of the Ensign- Hampton saga though. Sometime later Ensign had met Hampton’s husband Doug Hampton. Whether or not that resulted in his coming out in public with his confession is perhaps food for thought for many. Maybe Hampton had demanded a large amount of money in order to keep quiet on the matter.
- US Senator Ensign to resign in May over extramarital affair probe - Apr 22, 2011
- GOP Senator's admission of extramarital affair was prompted by an 'extortion threat' - Jun 17, 2009
- Photographs Of Cindy Hampton - Jun 19, 2009
- Cindy Hampton Pictures Are Still Unavailable Online - Jun 20, 2009
- Cynthia Hampton Illicitly Involved With Senator John Ensign - Aug 20, 2009
- Senator John Ensign being asked to resign - Oct 06, 2009
- Pressure mounts on Sen. John Ensign to resign - Oct 06, 2009
- Cynthia Hampton And Husband Had Sought $8.5 Million From John Ensign - Oct 02, 2009
- Yahoo fires journalist after Romney joke - Aug 31, 2012
- David Letterman scandal now reaches to a $300 million divorce - Oct 10, 2009
- John Ensign is named as a taxpayer hero - Oct 08, 2009
- U.S. prosecutors to bring charges against Senator Edwards - May 26, 2011
- Fugitive in Berlusconi sex scandal arrested - Apr 16, 2012
- David apologizes to Regina Lasko for cheating on her - Oct 06, 2009
- Obama's insular White House worries his allies - Dec 25, 2010
Tags: adultery, amount of money, apologises, apology, blackmail, campaign staff, confession, food for thought, husband doug, john ensign, legislative aides, nevada senator, parting ways, political aspirations, political career, presidential candidate, senator ensign, senator john ensign, severance package, wife darlene