Sena chief Bal Thackeray discharged after cardiac surgeryJuly 12th, 2009 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 12 (IANS) Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, who underwent an emergency angioplasty on Tuesday, was discharged from the Lilavati Hospital here Sunday morning, an official said.
“His condition is fine and he has made remarkable recovery,” party spokesperson Neelam Gorhe told IANS here.
The 83-year-old leader was admitted to the hospital on July 6 following respiratory and related problems. An angiography detected several blockages in the heart of the ailing leader and a surgery was conducted the next day.
His son Uddhav cut short his trip to the US and rushed home to be with his father.
Thackeray’s estranged nephew and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray, senior party leaders like Manohar Joshi, party MPs, legislators and senior leaders of the ally Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and ordinary workers thronged the hospital to inquire after his health, Gorhe said.
This was the third spell of hospitalization for Thackeray this year.
- Uddhav Thackeray discharged after angiography (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Uddhav undergoes angioplasty, is 'absolutely fine' - Jul 20, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray in hospital for angioplasty - Jul 20, 2012
- Uddhav visits father in hospital - Jul 28, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray had chest pain since four days - Jul 17, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray to undergo angioplasty Friday - Jul 20, 2012
- Bal Thackeray undergoes heart surgery (Lead) - Jul 07, 2009
- Quiet, private 52nd birthday for Uddhav - Jul 27, 2012
- Sushma Swaraj meets Bal Thackeray - Sep 02, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray to leave hospital Monday - Jul 22, 2012
- Raj-Uddhav Thackeray 'bonhomie' fuels political speculation - Jul 16, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray discharged from hospital - Jul 23, 2012
- Bal Thackeray undergoes angiography - Jul 07, 2009
- Bal Thackeray hospitalised - Jul 24, 2012
- Bal Thackeray stable, to be discharged - May 14, 2012
Tags: ally, angiography, angioplasty, bal thackeray, bjp, blockages, cardiac surgery, Health Science, heart, hospitalization, legislators, lilavati hospital, maharashtra, manohar joshi, nephew, party leaders, party spokesperson, remarkable recovery, sena chief, sunday morning