‘Security beef-up before Ayodhya verdict creating terror’September 16th, 2010 - 7:40 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 16 (IANS) Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Ram Gopal Yadav here Thursday accused the Uttar Pradesh government of creating terror and panic among people by “unnecessarily” deploying security personnel across the state ahead of the Ayodhya verdict Sep 24.
“The state government’s unnecessary exercise related to strengthening of security in the wake of the Ayodhya verdict is creating a tense atmosphere in the state,” Yadav told reporters here at a press conference.
“Security personnel are being deployed at every crossing, village, colony and other places across the state…Schools, colleges are being transformed as temporary prisons in the wake of the verdict on the Ayodhya title suit,” he said.
“Everything is peaceful…neither any party nor any individual has till now behaved in a manner that could raise security concerns…Still the government is deploying more and more security personnel…It’s all resulting in terror and panic among the public,” he added.
Yadav also said that his party has planned a massive campaign against the Mayawati-led government after October once the panchayat elections get over.
“The decision to launch the campaign has been taken by the party’s central leadership…We would hold demonstrations, public meetings and carry out other activities for apprising the public about the corrupt practices (of the government),” said Yadav.
The Allahabad High Court is to deliver its verdict on Ayodhya’s Ram Janambhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute Sep 24.
Rival claims by Hindu and Muslim groups to the disputed site led to the demolition of the 16th century Babri Masjid by Hindu mobs Dec 6, 1992, triggering widespread communal violence that left thousands dead across the country.
- High court to be urged to defer Ayodhya verdict - Sep 14, 2010
- Ayodhya Verdict: CCS to meet at PM's residence, BJP leaders at Advani's place - Sep 30, 2010
- People across Uttar Pradesh cautiously welcome mosque verdict - Oct 01, 2010
- Security forces stages flag march ahead of Sept. 24 Ayodhya verdict - Sep 19, 2010
- Lucknow DM, DIG cautions against interpretation of Ayodhya Verdict - Sep 30, 2010
- Allahabad High Court not to defer Ayodhya verdict - Sep 17, 2010
- Hindu lawyers oppose amicable settlement in Babri Mosque demolition case - Sep 17, 2010
- Court calls for amicable settlement of Ayodhya dispute - Sep 14, 2010
- Ayodhya verdict likely to head to Supreme Court: Advani - Sep 19, 2010
- States on security alert after apex court's Ayodhya ruling - Sep 28, 2010
- 'Don't view Ayodhya verdict as victory or defeat: RSS chief - Sep 30, 2010
- Law Minister Moily appeals for peace after Ayodhya Verdict - Sep 30, 2010
- Verdict doesn't condone Babri razing: Sonia - Oct 20, 2010
- Manmohan Singh appeals for peace, harmony after Ayodhya Verdict - Sep 30, 2010
- Sunni Waqf Board moves apex court against Ayodhya order (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,