Sculptor Sudarsan creates Obama’s image on sandJanuary 20th, 2009 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Jan 20 (IANS) Sand artist Sudarsan Patnaik Tuesday has created on Orissa’s Puri beach a huge sculpture of the White House with Barack Obama in front of it.The four-foot high colourful sculpture, created by the artist and his students, bears the message “Change Has Happened”.
“We worked hard for about five hours to create the images” Patnaik told IANS on the phone from his home town Puri, 56 kms from here.
“We are congratulating the new US president through the images,” Patnaik said, adding: “We hope he will bring a lot of positive changes in the world.”
Patnaik has participated in more than 37 international sand sculpture championships across the globe and has won many awards.
- Sand image on beach in Hazare's support - Aug 13, 2011
- Sandy tribute to Japan tsunami victims (With Images) - Mar 12, 2011
- Sand image on Orissa beach to congratulate Obama (With Images) - Oct 10, 2009
- A huge sand cake for Sachin! - Apr 22, 2011
- Huge sand cake for birthday boy Sachin (With Image) - Apr 23, 2011
- Sand image of goddess Durga to highlight global warming (With Images) - Sep 23, 2009
- Sand artist creates image on earth quake - Sep 20, 2011
- Mubarak's sand sculpture created in Orissa (With Image) - Feb 05, 2011
- Indian sand artist wins prize in Denmark (With Image) - Sep 05, 2012
- Indian artist to create climate change sculpture in Japan - Jan 22, 2012
- Indian sand artist wins gold in Spain (With Image) - Jul 18, 2012
- Indian sand artist selected for Moscow championship - Apr 15, 2011
- Sandy tribute to Michael Jackson on Orissa beach (With Image) - Jun 26, 2009
- Santa in sand, courtesy Odisha artist (With Image) - Dec 25, 2011
- Tribute to Jyoti Basu in sand on Puri beach (With Image) - Jan 17, 2010