SC reserves order in Mayawati’s assets caseMay 1st, 2012 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 1 (IANS) The Supreme Court Tuesday reserved its order on a plea by former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati in a disproportionate assets case lodged by the Central Bureau Investigation (CBI).
An apex court bench headed by Justice P. Sathasivam reserved the order on the conclusion of arguments. Maywati’s counsel Harish Salve told the court that it had never ordered any probe by the CBI into alleged disproportionate assets of the former chief minister.
Senior counsel Salve told the court that it had ordered investigations into Taj Corridor case and there was no direction to probe the alleged disproportionate assets of the former chief minister.
The former chief minister had filed a petition in May 2008 seeking quashing of the criminal proceedings against her in the case lodged by the CBI over eight years ago, alleging it as an act of political vendetta.
However, the investigating agencies Tuesday contended that it had undertaken the investigation into the alleged disproportionate assets of Mayawati on the direction of the apex court’s order.
- SC reserves order in Mayawati's assets case (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- SC quashes CBI probe against Mayawati in graft case (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Boost for Mayawati as SC slams CBI on graft case - Jul 06, 2012
- CBI committed errors in case against Mayawati: SP - Jul 06, 2012
- Plea in SC seeks review of quashing of case against Mayawati - Aug 04, 2012
- No conspiracy against Mayawati: BJP - Jul 06, 2012
- Justice has been done, says Mayawati (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Justice after nine years, says Mayawati - Jul 06, 2012
- Court scraps probe against Mayawati, BSP chief elated (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Court scraps probe against Mayawati, BSP chief elated (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Court sends Jagan to CBI custody for five days (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- SC quashes CBI probe against Mayawati in graft case - Jul 06, 2012
- Supreme Court rejects Jagan's assets plea - Aug 24, 2011
- Graft case: Apex court grants bail to Sukh Ram, two others (Third Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Supreme Court slams CBI for dilly-dallying on Mayawati's assets case - Sep 27, 2010
Tags: apex, apex court, assets, cbi, chief minister, conclusion, court bench, criminal proceedings, harish, investigations, New Delhi, petition, plea, political vendetta, salve, senior counsel, supreme court, uttar pradesh chief minister mayawati