SC rejects Swamy’s plea against ChidambaramAugust 24th, 2012 - 12:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 24 (IANS) In a major relief to Finance Minister P. Chidambaram, the Supreme Court Friday rejected the plea to make him co-accused along with former communications minister A. Raja in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
Rejecting Janata Party president Subramaniam Swamy’s plea, the apex court bench of Justice G.S. Singhvi and Justice S.K. Radhakrishnan said the material made available by the petitioner did not support the allegation.
Swamy had moved the apex court challenging a Feb 4 order by a trial court rejecting his plea to make Chidambaram co-accused and seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe against him.
- SC rejects Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Apex court reserves order on Chidambaram in 2G case - Apr 24, 2012
- SC dismisses Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Chidambaram allocated extra spectrum to 2G licence holders: Swamy - Apr 20, 2012
- SC dismisses Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Third Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Apex court reserves order on Chidambaram in 2G case (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- New apex court bench to hear 2G case (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- New apex court bench to hear 2G cases - Mar 16, 2012
- Trial court to decide on Chidambaram's role in 2G (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Don't be happy about SC decision, opposition tells Congress - Aug 24, 2012
- Supreme Court endorses party stance on 2G: Congress (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Chidambaram can't escape political onus of 2G decisions: BJP (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- 2G: Apex court allows review plea withdrawal (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- 'Explain turnaround on Dayanidhi Maran' (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Timeline of the 2G case - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: allegation, apex, apex court, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, court bench, New Delhi, p chidambaram, party president, petitioner, plea, radhakrishnan, raja, spectrum allocation, supreme court, swamy, trial court