SC refuses to interfere in Yeddyurappa bail case (Lead)August 6th, 2012 - 2:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 6 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday declined to interfere with a Karnataka High Court order granting anticipatory bail to former chief minister B.S. Yeddyurappa in a case related to alleged favours in the granting of a mining lease.
An apex court bench headed by Justice T.S. Thakur told Additional Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran that there was nothing in the high court order that came in the way of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) conducting its investigations into the matter and filing a chargesheet.
The court said the investigating agency could move the high court if Yeddyurappa was not cooperating with the probe. The apex court said this when Parasaran told the court that Yeddyurappa was not cooperating ever since the high court granted him an anticipatory bail June 21, 2012.
The court said, that the high court order granting him an anticipatory bail was subject to the condition that he would cooperate with the investigations.
“We have no manner of doubt that once you go to the high court saying that he is not cooperating it would issue necessary directions,” said Justice Thakur.
- SC refuses to interfere with Yeddyurappa's anticipatory bail (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Yeddyurappa relieved over anticipatory bail - Jun 21, 2012
- Yeddyurappa, kin get anticipatory bail in bribery case (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Yeddyurappa gets anticipatory bail in graft case - Jun 21, 2012
- Court allows Yeddyurappa to travel outside Bangalore - Aug 14, 2012
- Yeddyurappa seeks anticipatory bail as CBI raids continue (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Yeddyurappa granted anticipatory bail in graft case - Sep 15, 2011
- CBI probe recommended against Yeddyurappa kin - Apr 20, 2012
- Order on CEC plea for CBI probe against Yeddyurappa withheld - Apr 20, 2012
- Supreme Court rejects plea for probe against Naidu (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- SC asks CBI to probe if Yeddyurappa kin got kickbacks (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Yeddyurappa gets anticipatory bail (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Facing possible CBI probe, Yeddyurappa banks on apex court (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Anticipatory bail for Yeddyurappa in another graft case - Nov 29, 2011
- Apex court allows Chisty to visit Pakistan (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
Tags: apex, apex court, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, court bench, doubt, favours, investigating agency, investigations, june 21, karnataka high court, mohan, New Delhi, solicitor general, supreme court, thakur