SC dismisses plea against MukherjeeJuly 11th, 2012 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) The Supreme Court Wednesday dismissed a “frivolous” plea challenging the “eligibility and qualification” of Pranab Mukherjee to be nominated as a candidate for the July 19 presidential election.
The petition by social activist Iniyan John contended that Mukherjee during his tenure as finance minister failed to discharge his official duties and intentionally withheld the details of black money holders in defiance to the apex court directions.
The petition said that Mukherjee did not disclose the names of the people holding accounts in foreign banks, given to the government by the German authorities.
The apex court bench of Justice Aftab Alam and Justice H.L. Gokhale while dismissing the plea described it as “frivolous”.
- SC trashes plea against Pranab, warns petitioner (Second Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Apex court trashes PIL against Pranab, warns petitioner (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Apex court dismisses lawyer's petition in Vodafone case (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Supreme Court dismisses petition in Vodafone case - Mar 02, 2012
- SC notice to Haryana government on mosque land - Jun 18, 2012
- Supreme Court notice on IAS officer's bail plea - Oct 20, 2011
- Apex court refuses to suspend Jayalalithaa's trial (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Supreme Court notice to CBI on Jagan's bail plea - Aug 09, 2012
- SC dismisses plea against Lt. Gen. Bikram Singh (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Apex court suspends vote recount in Bellary Lok Sabha poll - Jun 26, 2012
- Dump plea against me, Rahul Gandhi urges SC (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- SC declines plea on Tamil Nadu government's secretariat (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Plea on apex court lawyers dismissed (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Two Supreme Court judges withdraw from Dinakaran case (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Haj is not for making profits, says apex court (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,