Sarah Palin’s documentary lacks audienceJuly 26th, 2011 - 7:13 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, July 26 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Sarah Palin’s documentary was a disaster when it was opened in some theaters on the 15th of July. On its first weekend, the movie managed to gross only $65,000 from ten theaters. The theaters were increased to 14 last weekend but ticket sales declined significantly to $24,000.
The movie which is titled “The Undefeated” follows the life of Palin as the governor of Alaska. The movie takes a positive view of Palin’s tenure in the office that she quit midway through her term.
The distributors of the film have announced that the movie will now head straight to pay-per-view. The right owners say they plan to have the movie viewed on cable networks like Time Warner Cable, DirecTV and DISH Network from the 1st of September. DVDs will be available on the Internet and in the stores on the 4th of October.
The performance of the movie at the box office has several implications for the presidential ambitions of Palin. She has not confirmed her intentions to join the GOP race for 2012 but some analysts warn that it will be best if she stay away from the contest.
Palin was the vice presidential candidate for John McCain during the 2008 US elections. McCain lost the race to President Barack Obama.
- Sarah Palin denies that her bus tour has been canceled - Jun 23, 2011
- Piper Palin alleges that the press has ruined her family vacation - Jun 03, 2011
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in new movie 'Game Change' - Apr 28, 2011
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- Mitt Romney is backed by Kelly Ayotte - Nov 23, 2011
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in a movie - Mar 10, 2011
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- Sarah Palin to deliver the keynote address at the 100th birth anniversary of Ronald Reagan - Jan 28, 2011
- Palin's favorability ratings drop to new low: Poll - Mar 17, 2011
- Meghan McCain unhappy with Callista Gingrich - Dec 22, 2011
- Oprah's Comments To 'Parade' Construed As U.S. Is Too Smart To Be Seduced By Sarah Palin's Presidency - Dec 24, 2010
- Palin drops to fifth place in GOP 2012 presidential primary race - Apr 09, 2011
- Netflix's Epix Distribution Deal Comes At A Cost - Aug 11, 2010
- Sarah Palin to address annual conclave Saturday - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,