Sarah Palin offered $1 mn for lie detector testSeptember 25th, 2011 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 25 (IANS) Former US vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin has been offered $1 million if she passes a lie detector test over claims that she cheated on her husband with a basketball player, it was reported here.
In a book “The Rogue: Searching for the Real Sarah Palin” by Joe McGinniss, the 47-year-old former Alaska governor has been accused of cheating on husband Todd Palin, and “having a night of passion” with basketball star Glen Rice and snorting cocaine.
Sarah Palin has denied the accusation, the Daily Mail said.
Rice allegedly had a one-time fling with Sarah Palin when she was a news anchor for her local station and he was at the University of Michigan.
The tryst allegedly took place in Sarah Palin’s younger sister Molly’s University of Alaska dorm room. The incident happened just nine months before her wedding with Todd.
The author also wrote that after college Sarah Palin developed a fetish for black men, the media report said.
Now adult website AshleyMadison.com has offered the Palins $1 million to prove their innocence.
The website said it has has offered them a “unique platform to prove that these allegations are not true”.
Todd Palin said: “His book is full of disgusting lies, innuendo and smears.”
The National Enquirer website, however, reported that friends close to Sarah and Todd say he is “fed up” with scandals that have “plagued” their marriage ever since she ran for vice president and is ready to file for a divorce.
A source close to Sarah Palin was quoted as saying that she has been “destroyed by Joe McGinniss’ no-holds-barred biography. It exposed all her lies, cover-ups and secrets”.
She has also been told by her advisers that it would be “political suicide” to announce her candidacy for the US presidential elections for 2012.
- Cover of new book about Sarah Palin revealed - Mar 15, 2011
- Is Todd Palin going to divorce Sarah Palin? - Sep 22, 2011
- Sarah Palin's Biographer Neighbour Joe McGinniss Leaves Alaska - Sep 06, 2010
- Sarah Palin's new neighbour is writing an expose about her - May 26, 2010
- Sarah Palin slams Joe McGinniss in TLC show premiere - Nov 15, 2010
- Author Inscribing A Book About Sarah Palin Moves Into A House That Is Next To Hers - May 26, 2010
- Palins change behaviour after author writing book on her moves next door - Aug 02, 2010
- Palin's neighbour approached journalist to rent out house for tell-all book - May 28, 2010
- Biographer Of Sarah Palin All Set To Leave - Sep 06, 2010
- Sarah Palin' biographer Joe McGinniss to leave her neighboring house - Sep 06, 2010
- Sarah Palin's 'stalker' author moving to Massachusetts - Sep 05, 2010
- Sarah Palin vents fury about exposé seeking neighbour on Facebook - May 26, 2010
- Sarah Palin blasts expose writer for comparing her verbal tactics to Nazis - Jun 02, 2010
- "Sarah Palin's Alaska" Premieres On TLC - Nov 15, 2010
- Anti-Palin movement brands her "unintelligent" to head Oval Office - Apr 26, 2011
Tags: alaska governor, basketball player, basketball star, daily mail, dorm room, glen rice, innuendo, lie detector test, local station, national enquirer, news anchor, political suicide, presidential elections, s university, sarah palin, sister molly, snorting cocaine, time fling, todd palin, university of alaska