Sarah Palin Asks Cops To Focus On Issues Other Than ‘Minimal Problem’ Of MarijuanaJune 21st, 2010 - 7:35 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
June 21, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin grabbed huge attention when in a recent television appearance the Republican politician emphasized that the cops should focus on other things rather than concentrating on the ‘minimal problem’ of marijuana. Sarah Palin appeared on Fox Business Network last week along with Republican Rep. Ron Paul in which she made the rather startling remark.
In the Fox Business interview, the 46 year old former governor of Alaska stated that legalization of marijuana would result in young people being encouraged to think that there was nothing wrong using marijuana due to which she did not agree with its legalization. However, the Republican politician further emphasized that the law enforcement officials should refrain from detaining people who use the drug for recreational purposes.
The interview also witnessed Sarah Palin explain her stand by adding that if people smoke a point in the privacy of their homes without causing any kind of trouble to anybody, then the authorities should instead concentrate on tackling other issues confronting the society while calling for a prioritization of the law enforcement efforts.
At the same time, the former vice-presidential nominee also admitted to have smoked pot herself when it was not illegal for personal use in Alaska before the drug was decriminalized in the year 2006.
Further in the interview, Sarah Palin also went on to urge the law enforcement officials to not focus on such relatively smaller as well as minimal issues.
Meanwhile, many experts have reacted to Sarah Palin’s stand on marijuana by reiterating that it is completely in sync with her political identity given the fact that she appears to be a populist.
- Sarah Palin Not In Support Of Legalizing Marijuana - Jun 21, 2010
- Sarah Palin Advises Cops To Lay Off "Minimal Problem" of Marijuana - Jun 22, 2010
- Sarah Palin: Marijuana is a 'minimal problem' - Jun 21, 2010
- Sarah Palin thinks marijuana is a "minimal problem" - Jun 18, 2010
- Sarah Palin says Bristol will 'kick her butt' in ratings face-off - Oct 29, 2010
- Karl Rove Says Sarah Palin Lacks "Gravitas" To Be A President - Oct 30, 2010
- Sarah Palin defends Newt Gingrich - May 20, 2011
- Sarah Palin still can't name any influential journalists working today? - May 04, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey Says U.S. Citizen Too Smart For Sarah Palin's Presidential Run - Dec 24, 2010
- I'm not so hoity-toity, says Sarah Palin while defending TLC show - Dec 18, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell vows to not to talk to the national media - Sep 23, 2010
- Fox News cancels interview with Joan Rivers after Sarah Palin jibe - Jan 21, 2011
- Sarah Palin takes pot-shots at Michelle Obama with s'mores - Dec 21, 2010
- Barbara Bush Expresses Hope That Sarah Palin Stays In Alaska - Nov 23, 2010
- Sarah Palin accused of being a 'paranoid' woman - Feb 23, 2011
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, business interview, business network, cops, gina gomez, governor of alaska, governor sarah palin, june 21, law enforcement efforts, law enforcement officials, legalization of marijuana, personal use, political identity, presidential nominee, prioritization, recreational purposes, republican politician, ron paul, sarah palin, television appearance