Sanjay Dutt booked for Mayawati remarks (Lead)April 18th, 2009 - 4:33 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 18 (IANS) Samajwadi Party (SP) general secretary and Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt was Saturday booked for allegedly making disparaging remarks against Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati during an election rally in Pratapgarh district, police said.
“Sanjay Dutt was booked under Section 294 (obscene acts and songs) of the IPC (Indian Penal Code) this afternoon,” police inspector M.K. Singh told IANS over telephone.
Dutt had allegedly said “Main Mayawatiji ko jaadu ki jhappi aur pappi dono doonga (I will give both a hug and a kiss to Mayawati)” at a public meeting Thursday at K.P. Coleege in Pratapgarh, about 150 km from here.
The case against Dutt was registered on the directions of the district administration that had earlier in the day had slapped a notice on him.
“The show cause notice against Sanjay Dutt was issued this morning for making derogatory comments against the chief minister at a rally,” said Vipin Kumar, the sub-divisional magistrate.
“Sanjay Dutt must reply to the notice within three days of receiving it or else further action will be taken against him,” he added.
- Sanjay Dutt in Mayawati trouble for 'jaadu ki jhappi' offer (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt charged for 'jhappi to Mayawati' remark - Apr 02, 2010
- Notice against Sanjay Dutt for Mayawati remarks - Apr 18, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt booked again for remarks against Mayawati - Apr 21, 2009
- Jhappi only for Mayawati, pappi for public, says Sanjay Dutt - Apr 24, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh officials working for BSP: Amar Singh - Apr 18, 2009
- Warrant issued for Sanjay Dutt's arrest - May 28, 2011
- Another FIR against Sanjay Dutt - Apr 21, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt calls Mayawati 'sister', apologizes for 'Jhappi' dialogue - Apr 22, 2009
- Munnabhai's 'Gandhigiri' puts him in trouble this timeb - Apr 18, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt summoned for remarks against Mayawati - Jun 25, 2010
- Sanjay Dutt gets relief in Uttar Pradesh case - May 04, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt, Amar Singh in trouble for 'insulting' Mayawati - May 06, 2009
- Mayawati says she doesn't believe in 'jhappi' or 'pappi' - Apr 27, 2009
- Amar Singh-Azam Khan spat out in open at Samajwadi Party event - Apr 20, 2009
Tags: aur, bollywood star, chief minister, derogatory comments, district administration, district police, dono, election rally, general secretary, indian penal code, ki, ko, magistrate, Mayawati, obscene acts, pappi, police inspector, pratapgarh, Samajwadi Party, sanjay dutt