Sangma will support Pranab: NCPJune 19th, 2012 - 3:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) The NCP Tuesday expressed confidence that party leader P.A. Sangma will ultimately support UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee.
Ahead of a NCP meeting Thursday, National Congress Party leader D.P. Tripathi met Finance Minister Mukherjee Tuesday.
“It was a courtesy call. We are an ally of UPA, so I came to meet him,” Tripathi told reporters.
On Sangma’s refusal to withdraw from the presidential race, Tripathi said: “He is a senior leader. We are meeting on June 21 and he will attend the meeting. We are confident he will support the UPA candidate.”
Sangma is the joint candidate of the AIADMK and Biju Janata Dal. Despite appeals from NCP leader Sharad Pawar, he is adamant on fighting the election.
- NCP cautions Sangma, says he will withdraw (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Sangma is candidate of communal forces: NCP (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Sangma will respect party's decision: Pawar - Jun 16, 2012
- Sangma's daughter skips NCP meet - Jun 21, 2012
- Will accept Sangma's resignation:, says Pawar (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Sangma is candidate of communal forces: NCP - Jun 21, 2012
- Sonia to host lunch for UPA, supporting parties before presidential poll - Jul 13, 2012
- NCP cautions Sangma, hints of action - Jun 16, 2012
- Will accept Sangma's resignation: Pawar - Jun 20, 2012
- Pranab miles ahead as NDA squabbles (Roundup) - Jun 17, 2012
- Sangma quits NCP, set to take on Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 20, 2012
- Sangma pushes himself for president - May 22, 2012
- Consensus growing in favour of Pranab (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Presidential contest: NDA, Left divided over Pranab; BJP backs Sangma (Roundup) - Jun 21, 2012
- My father has quit NCP, says Sangma's son - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: aiadmk, ally, confidence, courtesy call, finance minister, june 21, national congress party, New Delhi, party leader, pranab mukherjee, presidential candidate, presidential race, sharad pawar, tripathi, UPA